Crunchy Taco Cups
How fun are these little Taco Cups made in a muffin tin?? I don’t think I’ll ever find another taco recipe I love more than these wonton tacos. They’re layers of crunchy taco shell, seasoned beef, spicy tomatoes, and gooey cheese all in one perfect bite!
These crunchy taco cups are such a huge hit because, I prefer soft tacos but Kevin prefers crunchy tacos. So whenever we had taco night, we always had to make two different kinds of taco recipe. BUT, this taco recipe the best of both worlds. The outside is satisfying crisp and crunchy, but the inside is soft and melty! Just how I like it. We both loved them!
To start, you’ll need one pound of ground beef, browned and drained.
Add a packet of taco seasoning… I am using our favorite homemade taco seasoning recipe here!
And one can of diced tomatoes and green chilies. You don’t have to drain the can! You can also just use regular petite diced tomatoes if you don’t like spicy.
Stir it all up to combine.
Now generously coat a standard size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. This is where we’re going to assemble our wonton tacos!
Wonton wrappers are the perfect size for these crunchy taco cups! You should be able to find wonton wrappers in any grocery store. In our store they’re located in the produce section between the tofu and fresh ravioli.
Assemble the Taco Cups
Line each cup with a wonton wrapper…
Top with 1-2 tablespoons of the taco recipe…
Then top with about 1 tablespoon of cheese.
Press down and add another wonton wrapper and taco recipe layer…
And top with one more layer of cheese.
Bake the wonton tacos at 375 degrees F for 12 minutes, until heated through and edges are golden.
Gooey, cheesy, melty, crunchy…
These wonton tacos are seriously the most delicious hand-held snack ever!
Top with sour cream and cilantro if that’s your thing.
Deliciousness!! Hope you enjoy this taco recipe as much as we do!!
Watch the video to see how easy it is to make Crunchy Taco Cups!
Crunchy Taco Cups
Yield: 12 cups (About 3-4 servings).
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 envelope (3 tablespoons) taco seasoning
- 1 (10-oz) can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (or Mexican blend)
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously coat a standard size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cooked beef, taco seasoning, and tomatoes in a bowl and stir to combine. Line each cup of prepared muffin tin with a wonton wrapper. Add 1.5 tablespoons taco mixture. Top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Press down and add another layer of wonton wrapper, taco mixture, and a final layer of cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes until cups are heated through and edges are golden.
Nutritional Information is per cup.