This easy One Pot Creamy Cheeseburger Gnocchi recipe is one of our favorite dinner recipes with ground beef! The gnocchi is simmered with seasoned ground beef and cheese for a 15-minute, one pot meal that everyone will love!! The perfect quick and easy weeknight meal.
Oh my gosh you guys, you HAVE make this new Cheeseburger Gnocchi recipe for dinner tonight!!
What Is Gnocchi?
First of all, let’s talk about gnocchi. Gnocchi are pillowy soft mini potato dumplings. You could brown them in a skillet, toss them with butter and herbs, and they’d make a great meal all on their own.
Gnocchi is pronounced like Nee-Oh-Kee, although some would argue it’s pronounced Nee-Ahh-Kee.
For today’s gnocchi recipe, I simmered gnocchi with seasoned beef, spicy tomatoes, and topped with gooey, melty cheese. It’s like a gooey cheeseburger pasta with a buttery, toasted potato bun. So basically the best thing ever!!!!
Cheeseburger Gnocchi Recipe Ingredients
Here’s all you’ll need for this gnocchi recipe. Just a few simple ingredients! You can find gnocchi on the pasta aisle. We love the DeLallo brand.
Cheeseburger Gnocchi Recipe — How to Make Gnocchi in 15 Minutes
Start by melting some butter in a large skillet.
We’re going to start with toasting the gnocchi, because everyone knows the best burgers have toasted buns. For this gnocchi recipe you don’t have to boil the gnocchi first. Toss the gnocchi in the hot skillet for about 5 minutes until golden brown and crispy. See what I mean about these little pillows from heaven?? You could seriously just eat these as a meal!
Remove the gnocchi to a plate, crank the heat up to high, and when the pan is very hot and smoking, add in the ground beef, onion, garlic and seasonings. I use salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika. Mustard powder would be fabulous here also if you’re into that sort of thing! This is a cheeseburger gnocchi recipe after all!
Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned. Drain excess grease if necessary.
Next add the tomatoes and broth. You could definitely use water here instead, the broth just gives it a little extra flavor.
Then add the gnocchi back in and stir to combine.
Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 5 minutes until the gnocchi is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed.
When the gnocchi is tender turn off the heat, then add the cream and cheese and stir to combine.
Top with a little more cheese and chopped scallions. You could also use pickles or capers to give it an extra cheeseburger flavor. :)
Broil in the oven until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
This gnocchi recipe is so, so good. Seasoned beef. Spicy tomatoes. Gooey cheese. Toasted potato dumplings. Does it seriously get any better than this??! Hope you enjoy this Cheeseburger Gnocchi recipe as much as we do!!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (16 oz) package potato gnocchi
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder (optional)
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 whole onion)
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10-oz) can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 1 cup beef broth (or water)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
- Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi in a single layer and cook on one side for 2-3 minutes until browned and toasted. Shake the pan to toss the gnocchi and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes, tossing occasionally, until both sides are toasted. Remove gnocchi to a plate and set aside.
- Turn the heat to high and return skillet to stove. When the pan is very hot and smoking, add the beef and season with salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, and mustard powder if desired. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and onions are golden. Drain if necessary.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, and gnocchi back into the skillet. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5 minutes until the gnocchi is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Off heat, then add the cream and 1/2 cup cheese and stir to combine. Top with remaining cheese and scallions. Place the skillet under the broiler in the oven until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Serve and enjoy!!
Keywords: gnocchi recipe, potato gnocchi, how to make gnocchi, potato gnocchi recipe