Hot Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
We love easy, delicious pinwheel appetizers!! These Hot Ham and Cheese Pinwheels are hands down one of our favorite pinwheel recipes ever. The brown sugar glaze sends these hot ham roll ups over the top!!
Here’s why these hot ham rolls up are our favorite: Honey Maple Glazed Ham and melty Swiss cheese are rolled up in soft, fluffy pizza dough. Then they’re topped with a brown sugar poppy seed glaze and baked until golden, gooey, and crispy.
These Hot Ham and Cheese Pinwheels are seriously so good!! I could eat them every single night. They’re perfect for sharing too — like taking to friends, family, parties, or new moms — because you can assemble everything the night before (even with the glaze!) and bake them the next day.
These hot ham rolls ups are so simple to make. Here’s all you need — Ham, swiss cheese, pizza dough, butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, and poppy seeds.
Assemble the Ham Roll Ups
Unroll the pizza dough onto a cutting board and press into approximately a 13×18-inch rectangle.
Top with thinly sliced ham from the deli…
And swiss cheese.
Then tightly roll up the dough like a cinnamon bun!
Cut roll into 12 slices, approximately 1-inch wide.
Arrange the pinwheels in a 9×13″ baking dish coated with baking spray.
Brown Sugar Glaze for Pinwheels
Next melt the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and poppy seeds in a sauce pan over medium heat.
Whisk until the glaze is smooth and combined.
Pour the glaze evenly over the pinwheels. At this point you could cover and refrigerate to bake later or take to a friend’s house (these ham roll ups are a great meal to share with a new mom!).
OR go ahead and bake the pinwheels now (uncovered) at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes until golden and browned.
The Perfect Pinwheel Appetizers!
The inside is soft, gooey, and cheesy. The outside is browned and crispy. Every bite is out of this world!! You could serve these pinwheels as an appetizer, but they’re a great weeknight dinner also. Whatever you do, make these hot ham roll ups ASAP! You’ll see why they’re one of our favorite pinwheel recipes!!
Hot Ham and Cheese Pinwheels Video
Hot Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
Yield: 12 rolls.
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated Classic Pizza Crust
- 3/4 lb deli ham (thinly sliced, but not shaved)
- 12 slices Swiss cheese (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto a cutting board and press into approximately a 13×18-inch rectangle. Top with ham and cheese slices. Starting on the longer side of the rectangle, roll up the edge tightly. When you reach the end, pinch the seam together and flip the roll so that the seam is face down. Cut into 12 slices, approximately 1-inch wide. Arrange in prepared baking dish.
- Next combine the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and poppy seeds in a sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk until the butter is melted and the glaze is smooth and combined. Pour evenly over the rolls.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours or bake, uncovered for 25 minutes until golden and browned. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information is per roll.