These individual Lasagna Cupcakes are SO good!! They’re made in a muffin tin which is how they get their name. I use wonton wrappers in place of lasagna noodles so you don’t even have to boil the noodles first. The outer wonton wrapper is delightfully crisp and crunchy and the inner wonton wrapper is soft and chewy, just like a regular lasagna noodle. If you’re looking for a great easy lasagna recipe, try these Lasagna Cupcakes ASAP!
How To Make Lasagna Cupcakes
Start with one pound of lean ground beef for the meaty lasagna sauce.
For spaghetti and lasagna I also like to add a pound of sausage. It gives the sauce a huge flavor boost that we love.
You can even brown ground beef and sausage in the same pan at the same time for this easy lasagna recipe.
Now this makes a ton, so here’s what I do. When it’s browned and drained, I separate the meat into 4 equal portions. I use one of them that night, and freeze the other three (labeled and dated) for quick and easy spaghetti, lasagna, or pizza on another night. You don’t even have to let it thaw, just put it in the pan with your favorite sauce and it will heat it right up.
Here’s 1/4 of the meat mixture with 1 cup of spaghetti sauce. Stir to combine and set aside.
Mix 1.5 cups ricotta cheese with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper.
Coat a 12 cup regular sized muffin tin with cooking spray, and place a wonton wrapper into each cup.
Take half the ricotta mixture and divide it among the 12 cups.
Top with half of the meat sauce…
And sprinkle with shredded cheese. Mozzarella would be very nice as well. Next time I’d love to try it with some fresh mozzarella pearls.
Press another wonton wrapper into each cup, arranging it in the opposite direction of the first wrapper. You don’t have to, but I think it makes the lasagna cupcakes prettier!
And repeat the layers one more time. Add the remaining half of the ricotta cheese..
The rest of the meat sauce…
And finally top with more shredded cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. We adore these Lasagna Cupcakes! Hope you love this quick and easy lasagna recipe as much as we do!Print
These Lasagna Cupcakes are mini, bite-sized versions of your favorite Italian dish. All the amazing flavors of lasagna packed into cupcake form!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown sausage and hamburger in a large skillet over medium high heat and drain. Divide into 4 portions and reserve three for another night. Add spaghetti sauce to remaining meat mixture and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta the salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray, and arrange a wonton wrapper in each cup. Take half the ricotta mixture and divide it among the 12 cups. Top with half of the meat sauce, and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Place another wonton wrapper over the cheese, and repeat the layers by adding the remaining ricotta cheese, meat sauce, and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the wonton wrappers are golden. Cool in the muffin tin for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Keywords: easy lasagna recipe, best lasagna recipe, meat lasagna recipe, homemade lasagna recipe, homemade lasagna, easy homemade lasagna, best lasagna, easy healthy dinner recipe, easy dinner recipe for family
Check out these other similar recipes we think you’ll love!!