You guys!!!! This Ham & Cheese Tortellini is my life!!!!
Just look how creamy, cheesy, and delicious it is!!
But wait! There’s more!
You can make the whole thing in 15 minutes and everything cooks in one pan so you only have ONE dish to wash at the end of the night!!
It’s the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner that everyone will love!!
Super simple ingredients here. All you need is ham, fresh or frozen tortellini, cream, shredded cheese, chicken broth, frozen peas, and diced onions. I buy frozen chopped onions by the bag (they’re always with the frozen vegetables) so I never have to chop onions! Such a time saver at night. :) You don’t even have to thaw them out before using.
Start by melting a tablespoon or so of butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
Until it’s brown and foamy, like so.
Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
Add the ham, broth, tortellini, and plenty of salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Cover, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 12 minutes until the tortellini is plump and tender.
Next, stir in the peas and cream.
Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese. I used pepper jack cheese for an extra kick here!
Top with an additional 1/2 cup shredded cheese, then place under the broiler in the oven until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
So, so fabulous.
Everything I love in one pan. Seriously wish I could eat this off the screen right now!! :) Make this for dinner ASAP!! Hope you enjoy! :)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 whole onion)
- 12 oz ham, diced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- (9 oz) tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby sweet peas, frozen
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Swiss, White Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack)
- Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened and golden brown. Add the ham and continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Add the chicken broth, tortellini, and plenty of salt and pepper to taste. I use ½ teaspoon each. Stir well to combine and bring to a boil. Cover, then reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes until the tortellini is tender.
- Stir in the peas and cream. Off heat, then stir in ½ cup cheese until well combined. Top with remaining cheese, then place under the broiler in the oven until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Enjoy!!