You guys. This Peanut Butter Pie is OUT of this world. It is SO decadently dreamy. I’m in love!! This is hands down one of the easiest, most impressive desserts I’ve ever made. There’s only six simple ingredients and it’s No-Bake! Plus chocolate and peanut butter is always a winner. The BEST part about this perfect Peanut Butter Pie is that there’s no cream cheese and no Cool Whip!
Last year I made this Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Oreo Pie and I got SO many requests for a peanut butter version. So here it is!! :) The peanut butter layer is creamy, dreamy, and super peanut buttery. Make this for someone in your life who loves chocolate and peanut butter, and they will be yours forever!!
This pie is great for company because you can make it the night before, let it sit overnight in the fridge, and it’s still just as good the next day. It’s perfect for when you’re having guests over or taking a dish to someone’s house because then you’re not busy in the kitchen all day or making a mess! Just pull it out of the fridge and serve.
All you need are 6 simple ingredients — Oreos, butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, and heavy whipping cream.
First we’re going to start by making the extra thick Oreo crust. Finely crush an entire package of whole Oreos in a food processor or blender. Don’t scrape out the middle! You could also do this in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin.
Combine the crushed Oreos with 1 stick (8 tablespoons) melted butter. Stir well to coat all the crumbs.
Pour the crumbs into the bottom of a pie pan and firmly press into the bottom and sides. I used this 10-inch by 2-inch deep dish tart pan from Amazon so the pie would be easier to cut and remove from the pan, but you can definitely use any old pie plate.
You can even make it in an 8×8″ baking dish, making it easier to cut into squares and serve at a party. If you’re making it in an 8×8 dish, I would line the pan with foil (so it will come out easier) and press the crumbs only into a bottom layer.
I used a glass to make pressing the crust into the bottom and sides of the pie plate easier. Once you’re done with the crust, pop it into the freezer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, and 1 stick (8 tablespoons) softened butter to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on low speed until smooth and creamy. Spoon the peanut butter mixture over the crust into a smooth layer and place back in freezer.
Now, if you just want a perfect peanut butter pie, you could stop right here. This pie would be AMAZING. But if you want to send it over the top with a Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache layer, here’s what you do.
Place 1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate) and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in a large glass (or heat proof) bowl. In a saucepan, bring 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream to a rolling simmer. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and peanut butter and let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk until completely smooth. Pour the chocolate layer over the peanut butter layer.
Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour until ready to serve. (You could also freeze it for 15-20 minutes to speed up the process.)
Sweet, buttery Oreo crust. Creamy peanut butter. Decadent chocolate. It’s like the dessert trifecta.
- 1 (14.3 oz) package whole Oreos (about 36 Oreos)
- 1 cup (16 tablespoons) butter, divided
- 1½ cups + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Finely crush the Oreos with a food processor, blender, or in a Ziploc bag. Stir crumbs together with 8 tablespoons melted butter until well combined. Press into the bottom and sides of a pie pan. Freeze crust for 10 minutes until set.
- Add the remaining 8 tablespoons of softened butter, 1½ cups creamy peanut butter, and 1 cup powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on low speed until smooth and creamy. Spoon the peanut butter mixture over the crust into a smooth layer. Place back in freezer.
- Place chocolate chips and remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in a large glass or heat-proof bowl. In a saucepan, bring heavy whipping cream to a rolling simmer over medium-high heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and peanut butter and let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk until completely smooth. Pour the chocolate layer over the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hours until ready to serve.