Creamy Shrimp Pasta
This shrimp linguine in a creamy alfredo sauce is one of our favorite shrimp pasta recipes. It’s so quick and easy to make, it’s perfect for unexpected guests or a fast weeknight dinner that everyone will love.
For a full meal, serve this creamy shrimp pasta with a side salad and crispy French bread.
How do you make creamy shrimp pasta? (Step by Step)
To start, boil the the linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, grab 3/4 pound of raw shrimp that’s been peeled, deveined, and tails removed.
Season generously with salt and freshly ground pepper. Give this a stir to evenly distribute the seasoning.
Sprinkle on one tablespoon of flour…
And stir to coat.
Add one more tablespoon of flour for good measure.
And stir to evenly coat the shrimp. Perfect.
Melt one tablespoon of butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
When melted and hot, add the shrimp in a single layer and cook one one side for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
Flip the shrimp and cook until golden brown on the other side, another 2-3 minutes.
When done, remove the shrimp to the plate.
Pour in the chicken broth and cook for about 5 minutes, whisking the bottom of the pan to deglaze.
Reduce heat to medium and pour in cream, whisking constantly. Cook sauce over medium heat until bubbly and the cream starts to thicken the mixture, about 5-10 minutes.
You’ll want to add some seasoning to your shrimp pasta at this point. Just some salt and pepper would be nice, but I usually add 1/2 teaspoon of my favorite cajun seasoning. It’s perfect for rich, creamy sauces like this.
Season your sauce as desired, then add the drained pasta and shrimp to the sauce and stir to combine.
This creamy shrimp pasta has such a rich, wonderful flavor. Try it once and you’ll see why it’s one of our all-time favorite pasta recipes!
- 4 oz fettuccine pasta
- 3/4 lb raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and toss to combine. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour over the shrimp, and toss to coat the shrimp. Sprinkle 1 more tablespoon flour and toss to evenly coat the shrimp.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the shrimp in a single layer and cook on each side, flipping once, until golden brown, approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to plate.
- Pour the chicken broth into the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, whisking the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Reduce heat to medium and pour in cream, whisking constantly. Cook sauce over medium heat until bubbly and the cream starts to thicken the mixture, about 5 minutes.
- Taste the sauce and add seasonings as desired (salt, pepper, cajun seasonings, etc.) Add the drained pasta and shrimp to the sauce, and stir to combine.
Keywords: shrimp pasta, shrimp pasta recipes, shrimp linguine, shrimp alfredo recipe
More Pasta Recipes You Might Like:
Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Spicy Sausage Pasta
Lemon Chicken Pasta
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Cheesy Chicken Bacon & Broccoli Pasta