These are the softest, chewiest, most delicious homemade peanut butter cookies ever! If you’re looking for an easy peanut butter cookie recipe, I highly recommend this one.
Scroll down to see the secret to these peanut butter cookies…
Homemade Honey Roasted Peanut Butter!
You can totally use your favorite store-bought peanut butter, but if you want to make these peanut butter cookies extra special, you can make your own homemade peanut butter with honey roasted peanuts.
Making your own homemade peanut butter is SO easy!! All you need is a food processor. You literally take a jar of peanuts and dump it in a food processor. That’s it!
It only takes 4 minutes in the food processor. You don’t have to stop and stir or anything. Just let it run for 4 minutes without stopping, and you get the thickest, creamiest, most delicious peanut butter ever.
A 16-ounce jar of peanuts will make 1.5 cups of peanut butter. We’ll only use 1 cup in this peanut butter cookie recipe.
But trust me, you’ll be glad you have a little extra leftover! You can use it on toast, PB&Js, or to make a peanut butter milkshake! I’m not normally a huge fan of natural peanut butters. I prefer a smooth, creamy texture of traditional store-bought peanut butter. But I LOVE this homemade peanut butter. It really is the best peanut butter ever!
Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients
Now let’s make those cookies! Here’s what you’ll need for the peanut butter cookies.
How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies
Beat together the butter, sugars, and peanut butter.
Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, then add to the wet ingredients and beat on low speed until just combined.
This is some of the thickest cookie dough ever! I love it. I use a medium cookie scoop to drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet.
The finishing touch to these incredible peanut butter cookies is a crispy, crunchy, cinnamon sugar crust.
Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl, then roll a scoop of cookie dough to cover in cinnamon sugar.
The cinnamon sugar gives the cookies a sweet crispy crunch on the outside, and a soft, chewy peanut butter cookie middle! It seriously sends these peanut butter cookies over the top!!!
Traditionally you press down on peanut butter cookie dough with a fork, but I always use a meat tenderizer!
Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes until the edges just start to turn golden, like this. Do not overbake!
Man oh man.
These are not your average peanut butter cookies!
I hope you love these soft peanut butter cookies as much as we do!! Try them ASAP!!Print
The best homemade peanut butter cookies recipe!
- 1 (16 oz) can honey roasted peanuts (or 1 cup peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 whole tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar + a dash of cinnamon for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add the peanuts to a food processor and process for 4 minutes without stopping until smooth. Add salt to taste if desired.
- Beat butter, sugars, and 1 cup of homemade peanut butter on medium-high speed for 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt then add to wet ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls, roll in cinnamon sugar and use a fork to press flat. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes until edges just start to turn golden.
Keywords: peanut butter cookie recipe, easy peanut butter cookies, how to make peanut butter cookies, best peanut butter cookies, homemade peanut butter cookies