The ULTIMATE Giant Cookie!!
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen all the GIANT cookies I have been posting recently! :) I have had so much fun making these massive cookies. What is better than a cookie the size of your head?? :) I’ve gotten so many requests for the recipe, so today I am so excited to share it with you!
The best thing about these cookies is that even though they’re giant, they’re still soft and chewy. The edges are perfectly crispy and the middle is soft and chewy.
Giant cookies are great because you can be creative and add any toppings your heart desires. Oreos, M&M’s, pretzels, and peanut butter cups are just a few I have tried!
But for my first giant cookie post, I had to share my ULTIMATE Giant Cookie ~ you know, the cookie, Oreo, brownie combo! You may have seen my Ultimate Brownies and Ultimate Crazy Milkshake floating around the internet. Here’s the next viral sensation… The Ultimate GIANT Cookie!!! :)
Here’s how to make these giant, pizza-sized cookies! :)
Here’s all you’ll need: butter, sugar, flour, baking soda, eggs, vanilla, a pinch of salt, and chocolate chips.
Beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt…
And add to the butter and sugar mixture. Beat on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Scoop 1/2 cup cookie dough onto a cookie sheet that’s been lined with parchment paper and coated with nonstick cooking spray. Press down to about a 6″ circle.
Then add your grab your toppings and go crazy!! You can add anything your heart desires. Check out my Giant Cookies on Instagram for inspiration. I added Oreos, brownie pieces, and chocolate chips to mine.
When you’re decorating the top of the cookie, the trick is to overstuff the cookie with toppings, because when it bakes the toppings will spread out.
You can even add more toppings right when it comes out of the oven if it needs more.
When it comes out of the oven, if the cookie is not perfectly round, just take a spatula and shape the edges into a circle. Be sure to do this right after it comes out of the oven.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes until the edges just start to turn golden brown. The edges will be crispy and the middle will be soft and chewy. The best of both worlds!
What would you put on YOUR Giant Cookie??
The ULTIMATE Giant Cookie
Yield: 5-6 giant cookies.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or one 11.5 ounce bag)
- Oreos, broken into 1/4ths
- Brownies, cut into 1-inch pieces
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat generously with nonstick cooking spray. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- With a stand or hand mixer, beat butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed until well combined, about another 2 minutes. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place about 1/2 cup cookie dough on on prepared baking sheet. Press flat into about a 6″ circle. Decorate with toppings. Bake at 350 degrees F for 11-13 minutes until edges just start to turn golden brown. The middle may still look gooey, but will continue to cook as it cools.
Tag your Giant Cookies #kevinandamanda on Instagram!