Rosemary Lemon Chicken Gnocchi
Garlic chicken and toasted potato gnocchi come together in a fresh rosemary lemon cream sauce for this Rosemary Lemon Chicken Gnocchi. This is comfort food at its finest. It’s one of those meals that’s quick and easy enough to make for your family on a busy weeknight, but fabulous enough to serve when you want to massively impress your guests. It’s bright, and fresh, and FULL of flavor! :)
Here are all the fabulous flavors we’ve got going on in this delicious one-pot dinner: Rosemary, lemon, garlic, chicken, parmesan, gnocchi, chicken broth, cream, onions, and petite sweet peas.
Let’s start by chopping the rosemary. Strip the leaves off a few stems of rosemary…
Then mince very finely with a sharp knife. Or a mini chopper is great for chopping herbs like this!
You’ll also need the juice and zest of one lemon. I went ahead and measured out the chicken broth, then added the lemon juice and zest directly into the broth. If you want to skip this step and use store-bought lemon juice, that is totally fine with me! You’ll need 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Next cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, about 1-inch cubes.
And season generously with salt and pepper.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter is melted and foamy, swirl to coat the bottom of the pan, then add the chicken in a single layer and cook for 5 minutes until golden, flipping once halfway through. Remove the chicken to a plate, and add the gnocchi straight from the package to the skillet. Toast over medium-high heat, stirring to toss occasionally, until the gnocchi is golden and toasted, about 5-7 minutes. (Somehow I missed a picture of this step!)
Remove the gnocchi to the same plate with the chicken.
Back in the skillet, melt an additional 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat.
Add the diced onions and cook, stirring occasionally…
Until onions are golden brown.
At this point, turn the heat to low and add the minced garlic and 2-3 tablespoons of the fresh chopped rosemary. Stir to combine until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, zest and gnocchi back to the skillet. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5 minutes until gnocchi is tender.
Add the cream, peas (straight from the freezer is fine), parmesan cheese, and plenty of salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
Add the chicken and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Top with extra parmesan cheese if desired and serve! :) Hope you enjoy!! :)
Rosemary Lemon Chicken Gnocchi
Yield: 4 servings.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 oz) package potato gnocchi
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 whole onion)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- juice + zest of 1 lemon (about 2-3 tablespoons juice)
- 1 cup petite sweet peas, frozen
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces (about 1-inch cubes). Season generously with salt and pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook for 5 minutes, until golden brown, flipping once halfway through. Remove the chicken to a plate. Add the gnocchi straight from the package into the skillet. Toast the gnocchi, stirring occasionally to toss, until gnocchi is toasted and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove to the plate with the chicken.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Turn heat to low and add the garlic and rosemary. Stir to combine until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, zest, and gnocchi and bring to a boil. Cover, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes until gnocchi is tender.
- Stir in the peas, cream, parmesan cheese, and plenty of salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the chicken until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve and garnish with extra parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!