This Rosemary Lemon Chicken Gnocchi is comfort food at its finest. It’s one of those meals that’s quick and easy enough to make for your family on a busy weeknight, but fabulous enough to serve when you want to massively impress your guests!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 oz) package potato gnocchi
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 whole onion)
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- juice + zest of 1 lemon (about 2-3 tablespoons juice)
- 1 cup petite sweet peas, frozen
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces (about 1-inch cubes). Season generously with salt and pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook for 5 minutes, until golden brown, flipping once halfway through. Remove the chicken to a plate. Add the gnocchi straight from the package into the skillet. Toast the gnocchi, stirring occasionally to toss, until gnocchi is toasted and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove to the plate with the chicken.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Turn heat to low and add the garlic and rosemary. Stir to combine until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, zest, and gnocchi and bring to a boil. Cover, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes until gnocchi is tender.
- Stir in the peas, cream, parmesan cheese, and plenty of salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the chicken until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve and garnish with extra parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!
Keywords: chicken dinner recipe, chicken dinner, chicken gnocchi, chicken gnocchi recipe, lemon chicken, lemon chicken recipe, lemon chicken pasta, lemon rosemary chicken, rosemary chicken, rosemary chicken recipe