Cajun Chicken Pasta
You can have this meal on the table in less than 30 minutes from start to finish. It’s the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner, but impressive enough to serve to guests!
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is another one of our favorite One Pot Meals. Everything cooks in one pan (even the pasta!) so you only have one dish to wash at the end of the night. I love recipes that are easy. I especially love recipes that are good. But the best kind of recipe is when they’re BOTH easy and delicious! Just like this Cajun Chicken Pasta! Make it for dinner ASAP!!
Cajun Chicken Pasta Ingredients & Recipe
Here’s all you need for this Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe: boneless, skinless chicken breasts, smoked sausage (I use smoked turkey sausage), your favorite pasta shape, garlic, onion, bell peppers, chicken broth, cream, shredded cheese, and green onions.
Start by heating 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
When the oil is very hot, add the smoked sausage, chicken, onion, and bell peppers.
Season generously with cajun or creole seasoning.
There are several good brands of cajun seasoning like Zatarain’s and Slap Yo’ Mama but today I used Tony Chachere’s, because it’s the first one I grabbed out of the pantry.
Cook the chicken, sausage, and vegetables, stirring occasionally, until edges are browned. Add the garlic and stir to combine until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
How Do You Make Creamy Cajun Sauce?
For the creamy cajun sauce, add the chicken broth, cream, pasta, and more cajun seasoning to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon) to the skillet. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
Most of the liquid should be absorbed, like above. If not, you may need to increase the heat and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Evenly distribute an additional 1/2 cup cheese over the top and sprinkle with scallions. Place under the broiler in your oven and broil until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
Creamy. Cheesy. Cajun Chicken Pasta.
It’s a whole meal in one pan!
We seriously love this Cajun Chicken Pasta. I hope you love it as much as we do!!
This Cajun Chicken Pasta with sausage, peppers, and a creamy cajun sauce is one of our favorite one-pot pasta recipes! It’s super quick and easy to make, too!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 whole onion)
- 2 cups diced bell peppers (about 3 bell peppers, I like to use 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green)
- cajun or creole seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz (about 3 cups) penne pasta
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
- Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat until it just starts to smoke. Add sausage, chicken, onions, and bell peppers. Season with cajun seasoning (about 1-2 teaspoons). Cook until lightly browned. Add garlic stir to combine until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, cream, pasta, and more cajun seasoning to taste, about 1/2 teaspoon. Stir to combine and bring to a boil, then cover skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with scallions. Broil until cheese is melted, golden brown, and bubbly.
Keywords: cajun chicken pasta, cajun chicken pasta recipe, chicken pasta, chicken pasta dish, chicken pasta recipe, best chicken pasta recipe, easy chicken pasta recipe
More Easy One Pot Meals