So excited to share this 4-ingredient dinner with you today! It has instantly become one of our new favorites. I love, love, love salsa verde. I don’t even need chips, I can just eat it with a spoon! It is seriously addictive, and it is perfect in these cheesy chicken enchiladas!! This recipe is so quick and easy. You can even make it ahead of time and bake it later for fast weeknight meals. Come take a look at how easy it is! :)
Here’s all you’ll need. Seriously, just four ingredients for this fast, delicious dinner!
- Salsa Verde — Find it right next to the regular salsa.
- Flour tortillas — Soft taco size
- Precooked, shredded or chopped chicken — A rotisserie chicken is perfect for this! Stayed tuned at the end of the post for more suggestions for using up leftover rotisserie chicken.
- Shredded Cheese — We love Pepper Jack cheese, and it totally gives these enchiladas a delicious kick! I don’t mind shredding my own cheese with this cut resistant glove. I can shred it quickly and safely and not have to worry about any sliced fingertips! Any kind of your favorite shredded cheese would be good here though, especially Monterrey Jack, Colby Jack, or a Mexican blend.
To start, combine 3 cups chicken, 1 cup salsa verde, and 1 cup shredded cheese in a bowl.
Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, and spoon a thin layer of salsa verde into the bottom of the dish.
Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture down the middle of a tortilla.
Fold the tortilla sides over…
And place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
It’s okay if they overlap a bit. At this point you can cover with foil and keep in the refrigerator overnight if you need to make these ahead of time.
When ready to bake, top enchiladas with remaining salsa…
And 1 cup shredded cheese. This recipe normally makes 8 enchiladas, but I halved it since it is just the two of us. Although when they’re gone I always wish we had more!! And they’re even better heated up the next day.
Bake at 350 degrees F uncovered for 20-30 minutes until bubbly.
Serve and enjoy!! They’re super cheesy, super creamy, and super delicious!! We love them! Kevin has asked for them four nights in a row. It’s okay because I love them too! :) Hope you enjoy!! :)
More Great Recipes for Leftover Cooked/Chopped Chicken:
- Cheesy Chicken Bacon Broccoli and Rice
- Salsa Verde Chicken
- Easy Chicken and Couscous Skillet Dinner
- Crispy Southwestern Wontons
- Brown Butter Ravioli with Rotisserie Chicken, Toasted Walnuts and Crispy Sage
- Cheesy Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Quesadillas
*These enchiladas are inspired by these Creamy Chicken Enchiladas from my friend Sommer’s delicious recipe blog, A Spicy Perspective. She makes her own homemade Salsa Verde! If you ever want to make your own homemade salsa verde, be sure to check out her recipe! :)
- 1 (16 oz) jar Salsa Verde
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3 cups (12 oz) cooked, chopped chicken
- 8 medium (soft taco size) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon a thin layer of salsa verde into the bottom of the dish.
- Combine chicken, 1 cup salsa verde, and 1 cup cheese in a bowl. Spoon about ⅓ cup mixture down the middle of a tortilla. Fold sides over and place seam side down in prepared baking dish. It’s okay if they overlap a bit.
- Top with remaining salsa and 1 cup shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes until bubbly. Serve and enjoy!