July 29, 2010

Easy Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine

July is National Ice Cream month, and I’m so excited to show you how making your own homemade ice cream is easier than you may think!

No ice cream maker? No problem. Out of rock salt? Don’t need it! You can make this ice cream in just four easy steps.

And let me just get one thing straight. This ice cream is so incredibly smooth and creamy you would never, ever know it’s not churned. Seriously. Creamy. You must trust me on this. I would not lead you astray! :)

Homemade Ice Cream without the machine couldn’t be easier!

Easy Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine

Basically, you start with 2 cups of heavy cream and 1 can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk.

Easy Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine

Whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks…

Easy Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine

Add your flavors, toppings, and mix-ins to the sweetened condensed milk…

Easy Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine

Then fold in the whipped cream.

Easy Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine

That’s it! Freeze and enjoy!!

So what can you add to the cream & milk??

Easy Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine

How about butter, cinnamon, and vanilla for… Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream! Oh my gracious, it totally tastes *just* like cinnamon buns! You have to try this one.

Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream Recipe

Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream

2 cups heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in large bowl. Whisk sweetened condensed milk, butter, cinnamon, and vanilla in large bowl. Mix well. Fold in whipped cream.

Pour into a 2-quart container and cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Store in freezer.

Print Recipe  Print Recipe

Easy Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine

What about Nutella & Peanut Butter?? Seriously yum!

Nutella Peanut Butter Chip Ice Cream Recipe

Nutella Peanut Butter Chip Ice Cream

2 cups heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup Nutella
1 cup peanut butter chips

Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in large bowl. Whisk sweetened condensed milk, butter, and Nutella in large bowl. Stir in peanut butter chips. Fold in whipped cream.

Print Recipe  Print Recipe

Easy Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine

Do you like Krispy Kreme Doughnuts??! Oh yes I did. I added little bits of Krispy Kreme doughnuts people!

Krispy Kreme Ice Cream Recipe

Krispy Kreme Ice Cream

2 cups heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts

Add vanilla to heavy cream and whip to stiff peaks in large bowl. Chop Krispy Kreme doughnuts into small pieces. (I used a food processor and it did excellent.) Stir into sweetened condensed milk. Fold in whipped cream.

Print Recipe  Print Recipe

Easy Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine

How about adding Smucker’s Magic Shell for a really cool fudge swirl effect??!

Hazelnut Mocha Fudge Swirl Ice Cream Recipe

Hazelnut Mocha Fudge Swirl Ice Cream

2 cups heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 tablespoons Hazelnut or French Vanilla ground coffee
1/2 cup Smucker’s Milk Chocolate Ice Cream Topping
1 bottle Smucker’s Magic Shell Chocolate Fudge Flavor

Combine the cream and coffee in a medium, heavy saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat to dissolve the coffee. Remove from heat and strain the mixture into the bowl of your mixer. Cool in fridge. Meanwhile, whisk together sweetened condensed milk and chocolate ice cream topping in large bowl. Set aside.

When chilled, beat the cream to stiff peaks. Fold into sweetened condensed milk mixture.

Pour into a 2-quart container and cover. Store in freezer. After 1 hour, remove from freezer and swirl on the Chocolate Fudge Magic Shell. Stir gently once or twice. Return to freezer for another hour, then remove and gently stir, breaking up the fudge shell. Add more if desired, and repeat 2-3 times as desired.

Print Recipe  Print Recipe

***

The options are endless!

What Ice Cream Flavor would you create??! :)

Tags: ,

Glen March 15, 2011 at 4:07 pm

My mum used to put condensed milk in her tea about 50 years ago and now I still use it….but I haven’t made ice cream with it. I have boiled cans in water for 3 hours and they have turned into caramel though.
I have read all of the flavours here and I will try lots of them but here are a few flavours that I am going to try too.
Ben & Jerry have a flavour called Chocolate Macadamia Nut and I LOVE it, so that will be my first choice. Then I will try Lemon Curd as I have recently made some which is super zingy. I LOVE raspberries and so that will be another choice and finally I shall crush some Cadbury’s Crunchie bars which is basically chocolate and honeycomb. Nom, nom, nom. *Ü* ~Glen~ in UK

Rachel @ Bakerita March 17, 2011 at 11:45 am

Wow! This is awesome. I have no doubts we were consistantly be having homemade ice cream now. I have an ice cream maker, but it’s always such a pain in the butt to use, especially when making custard-based ice creams! I’m so excited for this.
Do you think it would work to melt down some dulce de leche and use it in place of the sweetened condensed milk for dulce de leche ice cream, or would it be better to just use it as a flavoring?
Thanks so much for the recipe!

sana March 19, 2011 at 5:29 am

thankuuuuuuuuuuuuuu sooooooooooo much!!!!!!! it was truly an awesome recipe……. i made it with fresh chopped strawberries……. i cant tell you how wonderful it was….. it was rich n creamy……. absolutely heaven!!! ive already got requests for mango,coconut and chocolate icecream!

Tyler March 20, 2011 at 1:58 pm

This is the bombest ice cream ever! So easy to make and you can put whatever you want in it! I put in peanut butter and chocolate chips and some chocolate mint syrup in. YUM!

Janna March 24, 2011 at 12:35 am

There is an ice cream in Canada called Tiger ice cream. It is by far my favourite ice cream flavour. It is orange and black-hence the name Tiger, and the flavour is black licorice. Any ideas?? Should I just add in some bite size black licorice pieces??

shannon March 24, 2011 at 6:17 pm

I stumbled upon your site the other day and tried out this recipe the other night with peanut butter and chocolate chips. My husband and I taste tested it last night and he couldn’t believe it was homemade ice cream, thought it was too light to be ice cream. Thanks for sharing this super easy recipe :)

Noob Mommy March 24, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Just made the Nutella Peanut Butter Chip and it was amazing! I can’t believe how easy it is and I don’t even have to own an ice cream maker! Thank you for sharing this delightful recipe!

Kassandra March 31, 2011 at 9:11 am

I made this last weekend using melted hersheys kisses! Wonderful and simple! I love this website! I cant cook but these recipes are great and simple! I am making the chocolate cake for my dads birthday! I have no doubt it will be a hit! Thank you!!

Chantelle April 4, 2011 at 10:09 am

are you serious? whip it up and stick it in the freezer? slap me upside the head, why don’cha? love the audacity of the krispy kreme donut ice cream. superb.

Michele April 5, 2011 at 9:23 am

I caramelized the milk in the oven according to the recipe on Eagle’s site then mixed in pecans and the whipped cream. Delicious praline ice cream!

Scarlet April 6, 2011 at 2:03 pm

great recipe idea, thank you Kevin and Amanda. as a fellow blogger, I just want to notify you that someone is using your hard work and passing it off as their own brilliance. I hope you follow up and stop the pastry diva from plagiarizing your ideas!!

Jess Wood April 6, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Hi, just wanted to say thank you for posting these recipes! I’m in love with this whole site. I can’t wait to make some of the meals and this ice cream!

Margaret Dilloway April 25, 2011 at 6:02 pm

I have found what I’m going to do with my kids all summer! Ice Cream Camp!

shareena May 5, 2011 at 8:33 am

Oh my oh my ..I can see weight scale is raising… hehehehe–thanks for sharing!!! I need ice cream now.. yummm..yuumm!!! ^__^

Katherine May 5, 2011 at 8:23 pm

What about adding fruit? Like strawberries? Does it work with fruit? Thanks!

Stamatia May 6, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I have a batch of chocolate and spice in the freezer setting up as we speak – I was going for something along the lines of Haagen Das’ “Mayan Chocolate”, or Lindt’s cinnamon-chocolate truffles, but with a broader mix of spices, like in a chai. I dumped a bunch of cocoa powder (1/2 c.? 1/3 c.?) into the condensed milk, a splash of vanilla, then the following spices: cinnamon (probably more than a tablespoon), cloves, cardamom, allspice, nutmeg (these were all just a few shakes), and a dash of cayenne pepper. For fun, I stirred in a bit of reduced-sugar Hersey’s chocolate syrup. It tasted delish when I was licking the bowl, so I can’t wait to try the ice cream!

Tatiana May 6, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I made Cinnamon Bun and a Banana Chocolate Chip and both turned out amazing! Thanks so much for this fun and easy recipe! Now I want to invent a bunch of new flavors.
For the Cinnamon Bun I doubled the amount of cinnamon & vanilla for a stronger flavor and it was great.
For the Banana Chocolate Chip I used 2 ripe bananas, dash of cinnamon, and threw in mini semi-sweet chocolate chips until I liked the ratio.
Delish!

Aaron May 8, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Krispy Kreme ice cream is simply the most ingenious idea i’ve ever heard. Keep it up!

Niki May 16, 2011 at 8:02 am

I’m going to try this with lemon extract, lemon zest, and shortbread cookies for a lemon meringue pie version. Thanks for the great idea!

Kadian May 18, 2011 at 8:52 pm

I made this recipe tonight with my brother and it was not only extremely easy but it was also delicious!!! I will never again by ice cream. I was able to customize it with mini marshmallows and cookie dough which are my two favorite things in ice cream. I’m going to make a strawberry flavor tomorrow for my mother. Thanks so much!!!

Maria May 19, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Just made this today and OMG! I used a jar of caramel topping and a bag of the Heath Bits ‘o Brickle Toffee Bits. It was amazing. So creamy and yummy! Thank you so much for such a fabulous recipe that I will be making over and over. The combinations are just endless!

Camille May 29, 2011 at 8:04 am

We made a chocolate version 2 days ago (100g of melted chocolate + “some” cocoa powder)… DELICIOUS.
We can’t wait to try some more flavours, our next plans are strawberry with bits of strawberrys, and a simple one with bits of peanut butter.

kolfinnas korner June 4, 2011 at 10:17 am

I tried this last night and is is GOOD! I made Rocky Road…..I added a hand full of mini marshmallows, a hand full of chocolate chips and some almonds I had. Very good and WAY better than store bought. It’s a keeper and one I will make again. Thanks

Amanda Wynn June 9, 2011 at 8:21 am

Kevin and Amanda. Thank you soo much for this easy and fast icecream recipe. I made a crushed walnut and mint chocolate chip icecream it turned out heavenly and it taste just like something I could have bought at a fancy icecream shop but better! It is soo creamy! Loved it! can’t wait to try different recipes. Next I think I will do nutella with rice crispies.

Jeanne K. June 19, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I just tried it adding vanilla, chopped almonds toasted in butter, a splash of Kahlua, and half a packet of caramel hot chocolate mix. I thought it would be too sweet so I used 3 cups of cream, and it’s still really sweet. Hasn’t frozen yet, but it tastes great so far!

olga June 24, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Hi. i can´t wait to do this.. this will be my friday fun recipe to try today… my favourite ice cream flavor is yogurt.. do you think this would work?..and how much would you put in it?.. thank you for this greaaat recipe.

Meg June 26, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Seriously, are you married? If so, get on your knees and praise your wife for putting up with a guy who makes ice cream, puts it online, and has hundreds of women who think you rock! If not…Let’s exchange recipes.

Meg June 26, 2011 at 9:01 pm

PS. If you are married, I’d prefer to exchange recipes with your wife. It’s a respect issue…
Have a great night!

Julia June 29, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I was recently turned onto to this marvelous way of making ice cream. Since, I’ve made 2 flavors, and have no plans on stopping! Nutella Peanut Butter Chip may just have to be my next flavor, YUM!

TheCookieBoss June 30, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Hi!
Another way to make creamy ice cream without a machine is using a typical recipe and freezing it. Then, you take it out and blend it thoroughly (to soft-serve consistency) and freeze it again. But your recipes look great and I think I’m going to have to try some of them! Maybe that Nutella Peanut Butter Chip one!

Melanie July 1, 2011 at 8:01 am

Last night I made two batches and they taste sooooo yummy! I was kind of disapointed that it didn’t freeze better. To me it tast like a really cold whipped cream. Did I do something wrong or is that all it is going to freeze?

Dawn November 1, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Same thing happened with mine tonight after freezing for 8 hours. My friend said that since it’s homemade, it doesn’t have the chemicals that storebought ice cream has to help it freeze. It’s really creamy and smooth and pretty rich, I could only eat a very small amount. Maybe that’s a good thing? :)

Je9Jeanine July 1, 2011 at 9:21 am

Wow that is so easy! And it looks so YUMMY!

stacy July 2, 2011 at 4:48 pm

We just made this…YUMMMMM! We used some maple & brown sugar glazed pecans in ours.

PatriciaD July 4, 2011 at 6:03 pm

How about chocolate banana nut ice cream….yummy!!

linda July 4, 2011 at 11:47 pm

I made this today for our 4th of July party. I added a few drops of green food coloring, some mint extract and chocolate chips and made mint chocolate chip ice cream.. Everyone loved it and requested the recipe.. Amanda thank you so much for this recipe. I will never again buy ice cream from the store..

betsy hill July 5, 2011 at 7:14 am

This was soooo delicious! I had some graham crackers and some key lime juice on hand. I mixed some crushed grahams with butter, baked and chilled…then added the pieces to the mix with the key lime juice. Voila…Key Lime Pie ice cream

Sandy July 5, 2011 at 6:51 pm

i always brag about how famous you are- so jealous !!

Janine July 6, 2011 at 11:48 am

I have always thought a great holiday ice cream flavor would be Fruit Cake ice cream! I think it could convert a lot of fruit cake haters into fruit cake lovers! Kind of a cousin to spumoni.

alana July 7, 2011 at 10:35 am

just tried this with a friend yesterday and finally the ice cream froze. oh my god, it is honestly the best ice cream ive ever had. and SO creamy! i cant wait to make another batch!

Susanne July 7, 2011 at 2:55 pm

So wonderful recipe, Amanda! Never heard from it before. I just made my version with homemade apricot-rosmary-sauce and crushed cantuccini. I’m so curious how it turns out…Cheers Susanne

Brooke July 8, 2011 at 6:41 am

Thank you thank you thank you!

I moved to Germany from North Carolina about 5 years ago and I’ve wanted to make some ice cream on my own for awhile now, trouble is its really hard to find rock salt here. And I don’t have space for another kitchen gadget in my kitchen, so I’m friggin’ PUMPED to try this out. You can’t buy Butter Pecan here so I’m gonna try me out some of that, but I can’t wait to make a cake flavored and a peanut butter flavor ice cream. Oh Snap! Snappity Snap Snap.

Tamara Jem of the South July 11, 2011 at 5:50 pm

This is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!! I will be making one of these ice creams VERY soon.

Lisa July 14, 2011 at 12:24 pm

So glad I found this post. I’ve always wanted to try making ice cream but thought it to be too intimidating without an ice cream maker. Love this! My 6 yr old and I made some vanilla cookie dough yesterday. So good!!! Blogged (and linked) here http://cookingwithalohaandlisa.blogspot.com

Amy C July 15, 2011 at 12:57 pm

I’m trying this right now. I am using my ice cream maker tho. I followed your directions and then put it in to churn. I hope it works! :)

sue beaty July 15, 2011 at 4:37 pm

gonna make SOMETHIN… not sure yet , this week end. boy im in trouble now hehehe

whatkatiesbaking July 15, 2011 at 5:23 pm

oh my gosh! this looks so awesome and EASY! yummy

Amanda July 16, 2011 at 10:39 am

Pina Colada suggestions? I am thinking crushed drained pineapple and some coconut cream…. Hmmm…

Tina July 19, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Or coconut extract and a little shredded coconut???? Sounds yummy!

Mz405Diva July 21, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Non alcoholic Pina colada drink mix would work too.

Danielle July 29, 2011 at 8:22 pm

thekitchn had a post earlier in the week for making whipped cream out of coconut milk, that might work.

Pat July 17, 2011 at 11:46 am

My grandson and I each made a batch of ice cream. He added a packet of Cherry Watermelon (unsweetened) Koolaid and fruit-flavored mini marshmallows. It turned out great & disappeared in minutes! We decided that 1/2 packet of Koolaid might work just as well and give a lighter flavor. He wants to try lemonade Koolaid for his next batch! For my batch I added hot fudge & caramel toppings and pecans for Turtle ice cream and it was FABULOUS!!!

Jacqueline July 18, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Just read about this on twitter. Superb! I do have an ice-cream maker, but this is pure genius. I must try it :)

Lilhamham July 18, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Can I use lesser condensed milk I only have about half a cup left but I don’t want to cut the recipe in half either..
And I have evaporated milk can i use that instead
Anyone tried using evaporated milk?

Bekki July 19, 2011 at 6:00 am

Amanda-

Thanks for sharing your great recipes. I shared this with a friend who made it yesterday and she is now forever in my debt, as she and her husband LOVED it. I plan to try my first batch after work tonight. After reading all the comments, I see that the possibilities really are limitless. I was thinking about trying to make a B52 version, and wondered if you had tried adding alcohol to any recipes. I’m concerned it might not freeze well. Any thoughts?

Tina July 19, 2011 at 10:44 pm

This stuff is SO ADDICTING!!! Does NOT help my Weight Watchers at all! =)

Tonight, I made the Hazelnut Mocha one and I made my own…MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP (I will never buy store bought again) – heaven. Mmmmm!!! I also tried the Cinnamon Bun and Nutella & PB chip ones, too. The modifications I’m going to make are, for the Cinnamon Bun…swirl in chopped apple pie filling, crushed oatmeal cookies and caramel topping just before freezing to make Apple Pie, and to the Nutella one, skip the PB chips and just swirl in some slightly melted PB instead!

For the Mint Chocolate Chip, add 10-15 drops green food coloring (depending on how green you want it), 1/2 teaspoon mint extract, @1 cup chocolate chips and @1/4 cup Andes mint chips just before freezing.

My husband requested Pralines and Cream – add pralines and caramel topping swirls just before freezing. And I want to make coffee flavored with doughnut pieces in it, too! =)

Mimi July 20, 2011 at 6:58 pm

You have changed my life. I’ve made mint chip and chocolate flavors so far. Am going to try coffee flavor next. Would really like to try the cinnamon bun one but I’d be the only one eating it here and that would not be good. I was skeptical about this turning out like real ice cream but it turned out fabulously. I am amazed how simple it is to make such yummy ice cream. Thank you :)

Mz405Diva July 21, 2011 at 5:46 pm

I just bought a back to basics ice cream maker off e-bay brand new for $26 and I love it already. The other day I made some ice cream in it. I used 2 boxes of junket vanilla ice cream mix, some whole milk, some heavy whipping cream, some strawberry syrup, some mini M&Ms and some cookie dough candy. Today I may try one of your recipes :-) In the future I plan to try making egg nog ice cream, sweet potatoe ice cream, lemon meringue pie ice cream, oreo ice cream, and cheesecake ice cream, man the possibilities are endless!

Barbara July 22, 2011 at 9:24 am

I went looking for a good ice cream recipe that required no machine. I did not find it here. What I did find was an *exceptional* ice cream recipe that required no machine! Easy, fast, delectable and eloquent; who could ask for more?
Our first batch (and yes, there will be more…there will be MANY more) I used about a cup of chopped pecans, an 1/8 t. Lorans butterscotch flavoring and about 2 T slightly melted butter. oh My WORD, heaven!
Next time I am going to dilute a high quality instant espresso in a small amount of warm water and add it to the condensed milk. I cannot get coffee ice cream here (I am an American living in Sweden) and this was my initial reason for searching for a no-machine ice cream recipe. And *then* I’m going to try a batch using pomegranate molasses. This is such an excellent basic recipe, there’s no limit but one’s imagination!
Thanks so much for this recipe, it will be a family classic in no time! :)

Charlotte J July 22, 2011 at 7:37 pm

I am soooo happy I found your blog!! I have been wanting to make ice cream all summer. We have an OLD ice cream maker that we haven’t used in years and I didn’t want to buy a new one. My kids will be so excited!! Thank you!

Jill July 23, 2011 at 8:58 pm

mmm yummy! We made peach- very simply though Next time I might add some more flavoring- It was vanilla with peaches in it. Thanks for the delicious simple and fun ice cream recipe. The possibilities are endless. Next up for us is a nutella chocolate banana type.

Dana July 24, 2011 at 5:53 pm

I made Strawberry banana and mini chocolate chip…it was like a banana split….YUM

aynjell July 27, 2011 at 12:16 am

For the ice cream am I suppose to be using regular heavy cream or heavy WHIPPING cream? I can’t wait to try this!

Danielle July 29, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I love you.

Donna July 30, 2011 at 11:46 am

Hey Amanda, there are so many comments I couldn’t read them all. So I didn’t read through all of them to see if you’ve already answered my question. With the coffee grounds, are they real coffee grounds or instant granules? You spoke of melting them in the cream. Thanks for the fabulous ice cream ideas.

Amanda August 2, 2011 at 9:38 pm

I was directed to this recipe from Facebook and I immediately went to the kitchen and made two batches of ice-cream! Lemon Icebox Pie ice-cream and Apple Pie ice-cream. They were both a big hit! I also did a post on my blog about it and linked back here to you. Thanks again!!

Amanda

Donna August 3, 2011 at 11:36 am

OK, I made the cinnabon recipe, and…it tastes like frozen flavored butter. Everyone took one bite and said “NO thanks!” Did I do something wrong?????

kaitlyn February 19, 2012 at 3:39 pm

u probably added to much butter. try again with 1/2 or 1/4 the amount it might turn out better

Cee August 4, 2011 at 11:21 am

I’ve made this recipe many times and am in LOVE with it ! The only problem that I have is that once the ice cream is frozen and all ready to be eaten, it’s very hard to scoop out. Does anyone have any suggestions to make the ice cream ‘scoopable’ once it’s finished? Any advice would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks :)

kaitlyn February 19, 2012 at 3:41 pm

heat the spoon under warm water, then scoop out. make sure to rinse after each scoop.

Robbi August 9, 2011 at 11:03 am

I made Cookies and Cream ice cream last night using this recipe. Not only is it really easy it is YUMMY! I couldn’t wait to try it this morning and almost had just ice cream for breakfast!

Jenn August 10, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Oh. My. Word.

I’ve only ever made “snow”cream or made tossed homemade ice cream.

This actually looks like the real stuff! And your recipe ideas sound DELICIOUS!! I can’t wait to try this. Good thing I’m going to get groceries tomorrow… I can buy the ingredients and have at it with my sons! :)

Thanks (got here from Jamie Cooks it Up’s blog)

Fofi August 12, 2011 at 1:08 am

I made this today, and it was delicious. Very creamy. It definitely tastes better after it’s frozen properly and has had a chance to sit overnight. It is better than every ice cream I have ever purchased, and it took less than 20 minutes to make. I still can’t believe it. Thanks!

Dora August 14, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I’m going to try making this maybe Wed or thursday. Looks so easy to make and sooo good. I can hardly wait. I’ll definately post this site on my blog :)

Kristina August 21, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I am making Key Lime Pie ice cream right now. Just added key lime juice to the condensed milk, and then folded in graham cracker bits (pureed to fine granules) mixed with sugar & margarine, and added some caramel sauce on top. I’m excited to see how it turns out!

Belle Johnson August 24, 2011 at 9:00 pm

How much does this make and how long does it take to freeze.(I’m on a very tight time limit)

Belle August 28, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Hi,
I need to make alot and I need to know how much this makes so I know how much to multiply the ingriediants by, and also I wanted to know how long it has to stay in the freezer.
Thanks

rani August 29, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I always love perusing your website cause I always find something new!!!! Thanks for these recipes-perfect for gift giving!

Alyssa L September 1, 2011 at 10:11 am

I made the ice cream with oreos last weekend for a bbq and it was a hit!!! I used a full sleeve of oreos. The ice cream was really good but just a little too sweet so I might use a little less sweetened condensed milk next time I make the oreo ice cream. I plan on making the nutella ice cream this weekend. Perhaps I will add some of the chocolate shell too? YUM! Thanks for this great recipe!

Jengerbread88 September 4, 2011 at 12:14 am

I’m thinking about making a chocolate ice cream with mint chips in it. I may even add small bits of cucumber if I can figure that out… I love anything cucumber-mint…

I also have some blueberries and I’m a blueberry fanatic. Maybe I’ll make some blueberry ice cream!

June September 6, 2011 at 4:42 am

Hey there! Am planning to make this over the weekend… I have one question though, must we use Eagle Brand Sweetened Condenesed Milk or any other brands? I don’t have that here. Any other brand suggestions?

Solange September 9, 2011 at 8:58 pm

I am not clear about the coffee recipe. “Ground coffee” – do you mean INSTANT? Like one of those flavored coffee mixes (but they have yukky artificial creamer in them.) Or are we actually brewing up FLAVORED coffee grounds but in the cream, rather than in water?
Wouldn’t it make more sense to use a spoonful of instant espresso powder and some sort of hazelnut flavoring, for instance?
I would like to make this one, but am not sure how to proceed.
Thanks for this excellent homemade ice cream procedure!

Danielle September 10, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Finally got around to trying this last night. All I have to say is why do people buy ice cream and what on earth is an ice cream machine for??? This stuff is heavenly! I haven’t even gotten fancy yet. Just flavored with vanilla and swirled hot fudge through it before freezing.

For my husband’s birthday I’m going to make Cherry Cake Batter Ice Cream. I think it’s a combo he’ll love and it’s something I’ve never seen for sale. Thank you so much!!

Denise September 13, 2011 at 7:01 pm

I can’t wait to try German Chocolate Cake flavors!!!!

Toni September 15, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I made the cinnamon bun ice cream! And I added pecans… Mmmm. Thank you for making this so easy!

Suzanne September 22, 2011 at 8:23 pm

You had me a “Krispy Kreme”….

Jacquelin September 22, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Hey, is it necessary to use Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Mill?

I’m from Singapore and I’m not sure where to find it. ):

Jacquelin September 22, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Hey, is it necessary to use Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk?

I’m from Singapore and I’m not very sure where to find that brand. ):

Clars September 24, 2011 at 7:23 am

Krispy Kreme!!! w0w

Clars September 24, 2011 at 7:25 am

Krispy Kreme w0w!!!!

Sarah September 25, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I just mixed this together and put in the freezer. I didn’t realize how much whipping would be needed but eventually got it =) If it tastes half as good frozen as it did before then I’m in for a real treat! I just added 1 tsp of vanilla to the mix bc I knew my hubby wouldn’t eat it any other way so if this turns out I’ll start experimenting with all the different types I like!! Thank you for this recipe!

Naomi October 2, 2011 at 5:05 pm

This didnt freeze for me? After almost two days it was still soupy…..so I made a cookie crust in a pie plate and dumped in on top and then it froze in 8hours. So I ended up making a strawberry cheese cake ice cream pie! Not bad but not as good as the oreo ice cream pie recipe!!

Janet October 8, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Made the Nutella PB ice cream last week and it was insanely good. I ate it every night! Thank you for the recipe!

Michelle October 13, 2011 at 6:27 pm

OMG! This is so easy! And there are so many choices it’s hard to decide which to make as they all sound DELICIOUS!
On the downside I can see myself gaining weight after having to try each kind :-)LOL

Beverly October 15, 2011 at 10:52 am

Wow, this is sooooo good! And so quick and easy (apart from the freeze time, of course)! My first batch was so yummy that I had to make a second batch even before we’d eaten all of the first!

Judit Paton October 16, 2011 at 3:16 am

wow, this is a fabulous site about ice cream making, i am in…just bookmarking and coming back, even now when is cold around here…thanks.

Judit Paton October 23, 2011 at 2:20 am

thanks so much for this recipe, i did put it for an ice cream ball, and it is just fine…sorry but i did try not to whip the cream and the ice cream did turned out just fine…the cinnamon one. Now i am trying the maple syrup one.

Lindsey November 1, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I made plain vanilla ice cream…just added one teaspoon of vanilla extract to the condensed milk. It’s amazing! I’m eating it right now! I can’t believe how easy it was and it’s so much silkier and creamier than store bought ice cream. I think I’ll try cinnamon bun next! THANK YOU for the terrific recipe!

Merrie November 2, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I love this recipe! I’ve gone to town and made several varieties to share with family, friends and my students. Possibilities are endless! Crushed Nutter Butters, Crushed Oreo’s, Andes Mints, caramel, marshmallows, cookie dough, brownie bits, bananas and Nilla wafers, strawberries, pistachios, crushed malted milk balls, pumpkin, black cherries, Heath toffee bits, nuts, etc. So to the store and look at all the Ben & jerry’s flavors and then go to town with creativity.

Kristina November 14, 2011 at 11:01 am

We are in love. This ice cream is fantastic. For hubby and me, I make up a batch with a touch of vanilla, some toffee heath bits, some crushed up chocolate chips, and a squirt of chocolate syrup. It never lasts very long.

For my daughter, she likes it with bananas and raspberries and a squirt of chocolate syrup in it. I pour her ice cream into chobani yogurt containers. Not only do they provide a good serving size, they also freeze through in about 2 hours.

Thanks for this wonderful recipe!

Scar*let Nguni November 16, 2011 at 3:42 am

This recipe is my favourite – I’ve made various versions over the past few months (and everyone is always so impressed that it’s made without a machine!). The latest concoction is my favorite: a minty ‘iced’ lemon meringue pie – great for summer! here’s what I did: http://scarletnguni.com/2011/11/15/tart-to-tongue/ Thank you for a such versatile recipe. All the best, Scar*let

Karen November 21, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Just made bacon ice cream! thanks for the simple and awesome recipe :)

Nithya November 23, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Hi Amanda!

This recipe is great! I just tried a butter scotch flavor and it was really creamy and yummy. :)

I have to make dark chocolate raspberry ice cream for a party soon. Do you have any suggestions?

Nina November 26, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I’m going to try adding melted white chocolate to make make white chocolate icecream.

AdeliaJane November 30, 2011 at 6:12 pm

I made macadamia nut cookie ice cream!

I used:
1 large tub of cool whip
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup unsalted macadamia nuts
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
3 tbsp butter

Try it! It’s delicious.

anna December 12, 2011 at 10:44 am

I made chocolate almond cinnamon ice cream! It was AMAZING! I added a teaspoon of almond extract for the nutty taste, IT was better then store bought ice cream which is loaded with chemicals, lol!
Thanks Amanda!