This Peanut Butter Pie recipe is OUT of this world!! This is hands down one of the easiest, most impressive desserts I’ve ever made. There’s only six simple ingredients — it’s the best no bake peanut butter pie ever!
The best part about this easy Peanut Butter Pie recipe is that there’s no cream cheese and no Cool Whip!
Last year I made this Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Oreo Pie and I got SO many requests for a peanut butter pie recipe. So here it is!! :) The peanut butter layer is creamy, dreamy, and super peanut buttery. Make this for someone in your life who loves chocolate and peanut butter, and they will be yours forever!!
This chocolate peanut butter pie is great for company because you can make it the night before, let it sit overnight in the fridge, and it’s still just as good the next day. It’s perfect for when you’re having guests over or taking a dish to someone’s house because then you’re not busy in the kitchen all day or making a mess! Just pull it out of the fridge and serve.
Peanut Butter Pie Ingredients
All you need are 6 simple ingredients — Oreos, butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, and heavy whipping cream.
Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
First we’re going to start by making the extra thick Oreo crust. Finely crush an entire package of whole Oreos in a food processor or blender. Don’t scrape out the middle! You could also do this in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin.
Combine the crushed Oreos with 1 stick (8 tablespoons) melted butter. Stir well to coat all the crumbs.
Pour the crumbs into the bottom of a pie pan and firmly press into the bottom and sides. I used this 10-inch by 2-inch deep dish tart pan from Amazon so the peanut butter pie would be easier to cut and remove from the pan, but you can definitely use any old pie plate.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
You can even make this peanut butter pie in an 8×8″ baking dish, making it easier to cut into squares and serve at a party. If you’re making it in an 8×8 dish, I would line the pan with foil (so it will come out easier) and press the crumbs only into a bottom layer.
I used a glass to make pressing the crust into the bottom and sides of the pie plate easier. Once you’re done with the crust, pop it into the freezer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, and 1 stick (8 tablespoons) softened butter to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on low speed until smooth and creamy. Spoon the peanut butter mixture over the crust into a smooth layer and place back in freezer.
Now, if you just want a simple, easy peanut butter pie, you could stop right here. But if you want to take it to the next level and make it a chocolate peanut butter pie, here’s what you do:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Place 1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate) and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in a large glass (or heat proof) bowl. In a saucepan, bring 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream to a rolling simmer. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and peanut butter and let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk until completely smooth. Pour the chocolate layer over the peanut butter layer.
Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour until ready to serve. (You could also freeze it for 15-20 minutes to speed up the process.)
Crunchy Oreo crust. Creamy peanut butter. Decadent chocolate. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is the dessert trifecta.
We LOVE this no bake peanut butter pie recipe! It’s perfect for the holidays! And if you have any peanut butter allergies in your family, you can always use Biscoff instead of peanut butter, or make this salted caramel pie version. Enjoy!! :)
Peanut Butter Pie Recipe Video
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to make this peanut butter pie recipe!
Decadent no bake peanut butter pie recipe without cream cheese or cool whip.
- 1 (14.3 oz) package whole Oreos (about 36 Oreos)
- 1 cup (16 tablespoons) butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Finely crush the Oreos with a food processor, blender, or in a Ziploc bag. Stir crumbs together with 8 tablespoons melted butter until well combined. Press into the bottom and sides of a pie pan. Freeze crust for 10 minutes until set.
- Add the remaining 8 tablespoons of softened butter, 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, and 1 cup powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on low speed until smooth and creamy. Spoon the peanut butter mixture over the crust into a smooth layer. Place back in freezer.
- Place chocolate chips and remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in a large glass or heat-proof bowl. In a saucepan, bring heavy whipping cream to a rolling simmer over medium-high heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and peanut butter and let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk until completely smooth. Pour the chocolate layer over the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hours until ready to serve.
Keywords: peanut butter pie recipe, chocolate peanut butter pie, no bake peanut butter pie, easy peanut butter pie