October 29, 2010

Make a Ringlet T-shirt Scarf for Fall

No Sew Tshirt Scarf Tutorial

This little ringlet scarf made out of old t-shirts is so fun for fall! There’s no sewing involved (hallelujah!), and you can make it while sitting in front of the TV in less time than it takes to watch a really good, trashy show on E.

No Sew Tshirt Scarf Tutorial

Since I have an abundance of orange and blue Auburn shirts (and we go to a lot of the crisp, fall football games) I decided to go with Auburn colors. This scarf goes together so fast and is basically free to make – it’s perfect to wear in support of your favorite team! :)

No Sew Tshirt Scarf Tutorial

The best part about this cute scarf is that the only supplies you need to make it are a few old tshirts and a pair of scissors. That’s it!

No Sew Tshirt Scarf Tutorial

So grab a few tees in your favorite colors and start by cutting off the hem. We’ll be using it later!

No Sew Tshirt Scarf Tutorial

Then cut the shirts into strips about 3/4″ wide. I cut 8 strips from each shirt for a total of 32.

No Sew Tshirt Scarf Tutorial

Give the loops a nice big stretch.

No Sew Tshirt Scarf Tutorial

And wrap them around you hand.

No Sew Tshirt Scarf Tutorial

…31 more times.

No Sew Tshirt Scarf Tutorial

Now take those hems and cut them into strips about 5″ long. Use those to tie all your loops together…

No Sew Tshirt Scarf Tutorial

Into one long chain.

No Sew Tshirt Scarf Tutorial

That’s it! You now have a cute, comfy, and ultra cozy t-shirt scarf! :) I first saw this scarf on Cut out and Keep. Such a cute site – so many fun projects there!

Happy Fall… And have a great weekend! :)

Share:FacebookTwitterStumble
See More Posts About: Crafts & ProjectsFashion

sarah December 8, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I made one with a striped knit shirt and three other solid shirts and I did two strips of links and then connected them making it super chunky…love i! Thanks for the explanation and your photography stuff you have on here.

Robin December 16, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Thanks for the great idea! I cut the sleeves into strips and tied them to the end rings for tassels, and they look awesome! Definitely going to be Christmas gifts this year.

Lyndsey Webb December 22, 2011 at 4:15 pm

this scarf idea is amazing! i just made one and it looks great! thank you so much!

Natalie February 27, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I just did this! It was so fun!

Lynda June 22, 2012 at 6:11 pm

A wonderful project, we made these in middle school special ed class last year. We will be making them again for Christmas gifts.

Penny September 28, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Question: After wrapping around your hand, what do you do with the end?

Mrs. S. October 3, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Too cute!!! Love it!

Amber October 8, 2012 at 8:28 pm

What size shirts did you use?? I used smalls and it didn’t turn out quite as “full” as yours!

Jamie October 17, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Could you do this with shirts that have logos on them?!

mary-margaret raymond October 19, 2012 at 5:11 pm

War Eagle!!! I am an Auburn grad and I when I saw your pictures I was so excited…and then I saw you were an Auburn fan..even better!!!!

Burnett November 25, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I love this ideal kno I can make my grandchildren shakemup@spondbob@dore!!!scarf..Thks again….

Emily Bell January 11, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Hi Amanda,
I love your scarf and just made one similar and now I’m trying to figure out how to wear it. Any tips? I watched your cute “ways to wear scarves” video but none of those ways quite seemed to fit with this scarf, so since you have one I thought I’d just ask you. If you have any recommendations or photos wearing it will you post them or send them to me? I’m a first grade teacher and I also adore your fonts. I use them in my teacher products all the time. Thanks for all your creative inspiration and hard work!
Emily
Tangledwithteaching

Brandee January 17, 2013 at 5:23 pm

My daughter’s fiancé made this for her, I fell in love with it. He sent me your link, I loved making this scarf! To those who had problems with the strips not curling up, that happened on my first shirt. I went to the next tee, it worked fine. The difference between the 2 tees: the one I did not get a curl from was 100% cotton. The ones that curled great were 50% cotton / 50% polyester.

MES August 6, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Definitely clicked on this because I loved the colors and wanted to recreate because I have an abundance of Auburn shirts. Thought it was just a coincidence they were Auburn colors… but nice, love it! WDE :)