Everyone knows the center of a cinnamon roll is the best part. That’s why I love this easy cinnamon roll recipe. It makes the softest, gooiest, best cinnamon rolls ever. The entire cinnamon roll tastes like the middle! They’re also topped with a sweet cinnamon roll icing made without cream cheese.
This is honestly the best cinnamon roll recipe if you’re looking for fast, delicious cinnamon buns!
How to Make Cinnamon Rolls Without Yeast
I’ve tried so many recipes for homemade cinnamon roll dough, but for some reason the cinnamon buns always get hard after they cool. Now I use crescent rolls instead of making my own dough and the cinnamon buns always turn out super soft and fluffy. This is really the best cinnamon roll recipe if you’re looking for something fast and easy! You don’t have to make the dough or wait for the yeast to rise!
Cinnamon Roll Recipe Ingredients
You only need 5 simple ingredients for these easy cinnamon rolls! Crescent rolls, butter, cinnamon, sugar, and brown sugar.
How To Make Cinnamon Rolls (Step by Step)
First we’re going to make the gooey brown sugar filling that goes in the bottom of the pan. That’s what makes these cinnamon rolls so soft and gooey all over!
Add 4 tablespoons of melted butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar into the bottom of a pie pan.
And stir to combine.
Now unroll the crescent rolls dough…
And pinch together the seams.
Does anyone remember Pillsbury Recipe Creations? It was just like their crescent rolls, except it was one big sheet so you didn’t have to pinch the seams together. I use to buy that darn stuff all the time, until my grocery store stopped carrying it. Does yours still have it?
Spread 4 tablespoons of softened butter over the crescent rolls dough.
And sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Tightly roll the crescent rolls dough back up, and cut into 8 slices.
Place the cinnamon buns into the prepared pie plate.
If you have any leftover cinnamon sugar, just sprinkle it right on top of the cinnamon buns.
Can You Make These Cinnamon Rolls The Night Before?
Yes! At this point you can cover tightly and place in the refrigerator until ready to bake. I’ve definitely made these the night before and then baked them in the morning.
Or of course you can go ahead and bake now!
When ready, bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Cinnamon Roll Icing
While the cinnamon buns are baking, let’s make my absolute favorite Cinnamon Roll Icing ever. You’ll need powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla. I prefer a simple sweet cinnamon roll icing without cream cheese.
Whisk all the cinnamon roll icing ingredients together until smooth. If you don’t have cream, you can just use butter and milk instead. The exact proportions are in the recipe below.
After baking, here are our soft, gooey cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven!
See that beautiful, gooey brown sugar crust??
Place one (or two!) of the cinnamon rolls on a plate and top with sweet cinnamon roll icing.
These are honestly the best cinnamon rolls ever!!
Seriously in love with this cinnamon roll recipe with crescent rolls!Print
These are the best, easiest, softest cinnamon rolls ever!
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) softened butter, divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
CINNAMON ROLL ICING
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream (or 2 tablespoons milk + 1 tablespoon butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in the bottom of a pie plate. Add the brown sugar to the butter and stir to combine. Cover the bottom evenly with butter/sugar mixture.
- Unroll crescent dough and pinch seams together to create one big sheet. Spread with remaining softened butter. Combine white sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the buttered dough. Roll the dough back up into a log, and cut into 8 cinnamon rolls. Place rolls in prepared pie plate. Sprinkle with any remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Top with cinnamon roll icing (recipe follows) and serve warm. Store leftover cinnamon buns at room temperature.
FOR THE CINNAMON ROLL ICING
- With a fork, stir together sugar, cream, and vanilla until smooth and pourable. Add one tablespoon of milk if needed to thin. If using milk and butter instead of cream, heat the milk and butter in the microwave to melt the butter, then add to the sugar and stir in vanilla.
Keywords: cinnamon roll recipe, cinnamon buns, how to make cinnamon rolls, easy cinnamon rolls