Hi guys! Right now I’m in southern California running around Orange County with the beautiful Jenny from Picky Palate. Jenny is showing me the time of my life in her town — we are hitting all her favorite spots and eating ourselves silly! I will definitely be hitting the gym next week back in Alabama, say a prayer for me!!
In the meantime, I couldn’t wait to share this fun homemade Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream Pie with you. This is one of the first desserts I made when Kevin and I first got married. It’s one of our favorites and it’s always a big hit at parties. What I love about this dessert is that it’s an ice cream pie, but it has that distinct taste of a peanut butter pie that I love.
It’s so easy to whip up, here’s all you’ll need. Heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, Oreos (will someone please tell me why I didn’t use Double Stuffed in this recipe??!), butter, and peanut butter. I found this Reese’s Peanut butter at Publix, so fun! You’ll also need a jar of Smucker’s Hot Fudge topping, which somehow did not make it into this photo.
Finely crush 25 Oreos in a food processor or blender. When we first got married, I had neither a food processor nor a blender, so I would just crush the Oreos in a ziploc bag with a rolling pin and they worked just fine. Save the rest of the Oreo cookies for later — you’ll need all but two. What you do with those two is up to you, I won’t tell if you won’t!
Sprinkle the crumbs in the bottom of a 9″ pie plate…
And pour in six tablespoons of melted butter.
Oh my word.
Stir the crumbs and the butter together, then press into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. My mom and I made this together over the Fourth of July, here she is doing all the heavy lifting in this recipe while I sit back and photograph!
This wonderfully thick Oreo crust is perfect and my absolute favorite part of the pie. Whatever you do don’t skip this step and buy a premade crust. I would seriously rather use storebought ice cream than miss this crust!
Place the crust in the freezer to harden, and in the meantime, we can make the deliciously creamy peanut butter ice cream filling. This ice cream tastes just like peanut butter pie! In a large bowl, add one can of sweetened condensed milk…
And whisk in 1/2 cup peanut butter until well combined.
In a separate bowl, use a mixer to whip the heavy cream until light and fluffy — it’ll be easier if it’s very cold — then fold it into the peanut butter mixture.
Grab the Oreo crust from the freezer, and pour half of the peanut butter ice cream mixture on top of the frozen Oreo crust.
Now. You’ll need this. Heat the fudge topping according to the directions on the bottle…
And pour half of the bottle in a layer over the ice cream.
Top with the remaining ice cream…
The rest of the fudge topping…
And the rest of those Oreos cookies, lightly crushed.
Cannot imagine why I did not grab the double stuffed for this, they would be amazing in this pie! You’ll want to freeze this for at least 6-8 hours before serving.
This chocolaty, peanut buttery treat is heaven sent. Try it this week and have some for me!
- 1 box whole Oreo Cookies
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bottle Smucker's Chocolate Fudge Microwave Topping
- Finely crush about 25 Oreos in a food processor. Mix with melted butter and spread in the bottom of a 9" round pan for the crust. Freeze for about 10 mins. Meanwhile, lightly crush the remaining Oreos into large pieces.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, and vanilla in large bowl and set aside. Whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks, then fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Pour half of the peanut butter ice cream mixture on top of the frozen Oreo crust. Heat Chocolate Fudge according to the directions on the bottle, and pour half of the bottle in a layer over the ice cream. Add the remaining ice cream mixture, hot fudge, and top with the Oreo cookie pieces.
- Freeze for at least 6-8 hours before serving. Serve with a scoop of whipped cream!
Follow us on Instagram & Snapchat: