If you’re looking for an ice cream cake, here’s a super easy homemade ice cream cake recipe you can make at home. This Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream Cake is like a creamy peanut butter ice cream pie with a thick Oreo cookie crust.
This Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream Cake is always a big hit at parties. It’s so easy to make the day before (or a few days before!) so you’re not rushing around in the kitchen, cooking and cleaning the day of the event.
Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream Cake Ingredients
You only need a few simple ingredients for this easy ice cream cake recipe:
Heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, Oreos, butter, and peanut butter.
Not pictured: You’ll also need a jar of Hot Fudge topping.
How To Make Ice Cream Cake (Step by Step)
First we’re going to start with the Oreo cookie crust. Finely crush 25 Oreos in a food processor, blender, or a ziploc bag. Save the rest of the Oreo cookies for later.
Place the crumbs in the bottom of a 9″ pie plate.
And pour in 6 tablespoons of melted butter.
Stir the Oreo cookie crumbs and the butter together, then press into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
This thick Oreo cookie crust is AMAZING and my absolute favorite part of the ice cream cake. You can certainly buy a pre-made Oreo cookie crust at the grocery store, but this homemade version is SO much better!
Place the crust in the freezer to harden, and in the meantime, we’re going to make our own homemade creamy peanut butter ice cream filling for the cake. This homemade peanut butter ice cream tastes just like peanut butter pie!
In a large bowl, add one can of sweetened condensed milk, then add the vanilla.
Finally whisk in 1/2 cup peanut butter until well combined.
In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until light and fluffy then fold it into the peanut butter mixture. It’s easier to whip the heavy cream when it’s cold, so be sure to leave it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to whip.
Grab the Oreo crust from the freezer, and pour half of the peanut butter ice cream mixture on top of the frozen Oreo crust.
Here’s the previously un-pictured hot fudge topping. Heat the fudge topping according to the directions on the jar.
And pour half of the bottle over the ice cream. Try to pour in an even layer.
Then top with the remaining ice cream…
And the remaining hot fudge topping.
Finally top the ice cream cake with the remaining Oreo cookies, lightly crushed.
Freeze the ice cream cake at least 6-8 hours before serving.
This homemade Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream Cake is so good, everyone will rave over it!! I hope you love it as much as we do!Print
A super easy homemade ice cream cake recipe.
- 1 package (about 32) Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 1 (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 oz) jar Hot Fudge Topping for ice cream
- Finely crush about 25 Oreos. Mix with melted butter and spread in the bottom and up the sides of a 9″ pie plate for the crust. Freeze for about 10 mins. Meanwhile, lightly crush the remaining Oreos into large pieces.
- Whisk the sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, and vanilla in large bowl and set aside. Whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks, then fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Pour half of the peanut butter ice cream mixture on top of the frozen Oreo crust. Heat hot fudge topping according to the directions on the jar, then pour half of the hot fudge over the ice cream in an even layer. Add another layer with the remaining ice cream and hot fudge, then top with the Oreo cookie pieces.
- Freeze for at least 6-8 hours before serving.
Keywords: ice cream cake recipe, how to make ice cream cake, oreo ice cream cake, homemade ice cream cake, easy ice cream cake recipe,