Hellooooo, good lookin’! What a way to start the week! :) Last weekend as we were exploring Blue Ridge, GA, we stopped by this charming little bakery. They had all kinds of delicious looking homemade brownies. Oreo brownies, peanut butter brownies, raspberry cream cheese brownies… *groans* Kevin totally had his eye on the Oreo brownies. We didn’t get any there (we were too busy sampling the fried Oreos) so I promised to make them as soon as we got home.
I used this recipe from Picky Palate for Ice Cream Sundae Brownies. I knew I had some Cookies and Cream ice cream and totally had to use it in these brownies!! :)
Cookies and cream ice cream, chocolate chips, and hot fudge… It all gets added to the brownie mix! Does it get any better than this?? :)
This thick batter is perfect for layering.. nothing is going to sink to the bottom here!
Come to mama.
Layering the Oreos whole is totally the way to go! The Oreo center stays soft and fudgy even after the brownies have cooled.
All these babies need is a big, huge scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I think I’ll get on that. ;)
- 1 box Brownie Mix
- eggs & oil (as called for by the brownie mix)
- 1 heaping half cup (6 oz) Cookies & Cream ice cream
- ¼ Cup hot fudge topping (chilled or room temp)
- 1 pkg Oreos (regular, Double or Mega Stuffed! Your choice! :))
- Preheat oven according to directions on the box and coat an 8x8-inch baking dish generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine brownie mix, eggs, and oil as directed on the back of the box, but do not add the water. Add ice cream and hot fudge to the brownie batter and stir to combine.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the baking dish, layer with Oreos, then top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or as directed on the back of the box. Do not overbake. Middle may look gooey, but will set up once the brownies cool. Let cool completely before cutting.