Red Velvet Brownies with Oreo Truffle Topping
I am so excited to share these ridiculous new red velvet brownies with you today!! They’re super easy to make with a red velvet cake mix. To make them extra special, we added a layer of Oreo Truffle on top of these insanely delicious cake mix brownies!!
These four layer cake mix brownies start with a layer of ultra soft red velvet brownies, but are taken to the next level with Oreo truffle filling, then topped with sinfully rich chocolate ganache and mini chocolate chips. Total heaven in every bite!!
These Red Velvet Brownies are the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day or Christmas! Just look how rich and thick and fudgy they are!!
Cake Mix Brownies Ingredients
These cake mix brownies seriously could not be easier to make. This is all you need!
How To Make Brownies From Cake Mix
The brownie base for these bars starts with a Red Velvet cake mix, but feel free to make your own red velvet brownies from scratch.
Personally I think these cake mix brownies are so insanely good. So dense and rich and fudgy!
To make brownies from a cake mix, add 1/2 cup melted butter to the red velvet cake mix or any cake mix flavor of your choice.
Then addd two eggs…
And beat until smooth, thick, and decadent.
Press into the bottom of a well-coated 9×13 baking dish. I like to line my dish with foil to make the bars easier to get out. Try my trick that makes lining a pan with foil SO much easier.
Bake the red velvet brownies at 350 degrees F for 15-18 mins until just set and edges are crackly. You definitely don’t want to overcook these bars! They will fully set up as they cool.
Easiest Red Velvet Cake Mix Brownies Ever!
Now, you could totally stop here and you would have delicious, thick, chewy red velvet brownies. So easy!! But we’re going to send these OVER THE TOP with an Oreo Truffle Topping!!
Oreo Truffle Topping for Red Velvet Brownies
Next you’ll need one package of WHOLE Oreos. :)
Crush them in a ziploc bag or food processor until you have mostly fine crumbs.
Next mix the crumbs with 1 cup melted butter until well combined.
Pour them on top of the baked brownies…
And gently press down.
Chocolate Ganache Topping for Red Velvet Brownies
Next bring 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to a low boil and pour over 1.5 cups of chocolate chips (that’s approximately one bag). I used milk chocolate chips, but you could use any kind of chocolate chip you like. Even white chocolate! Let the chips sit for 5 minutes then whisk to combine until smooth and thick.
Immediately pour over the Oreo truffle layer. Love love love these insane red velvet brownies!!
Finally top with 1 bag of mini chocolate chips, then refrigerate for 30-45 mins to let the ganache set up a bit before cutting into bars. However if you want to dive right in immediately with a spoon, I would never judge.
These are seriously the best red velvet brownies I’ve ever had.
If you have someone in your life who loves red velvet cake, you have to make these red velvet brownies for them! They will love you forever!
Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Brownies
Yield: One 9x13 pan.
- 1 box (18.25 oz) red velvet cake mix
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (about 36) whole Oreos
- 1 bag (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 bag (12 oz) mini chocolate chips (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil and coat with cooking spray. Beat together cake mix, 1/2 cup melted butter, and 2 eggs until fully combined and smooth. Press into the bottom of prepared pan and bake for 15-18 mins, until just set. Do not overbake.
- Crush whole Oreos in a Ziploc bag or food processor into fine crumbs. Stir together with remaining 1/2 cup melted butter and mix well. Pour over baked red velvet brownies and gently press down in an even layer.
- Place the milk chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl. Bring the heavy cream to a low boil, then pour over chips. Let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk together until completely smooth and thick. Pour over Oreo layer. Top with mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 30-45 mins to allow chocolate ganache to set up. Cut into bars and serve.
Can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.