Get ready for a massive chocolate peanut butter explosion today!! :) For Kevin’s second birthday month treat, he picked out these Chocolate Peanut Butter Nutella and Oreo Cookies (holy delicious mouthful!!) from the Peanut Butter Comfort cookbook written by my sweet, sweet fellow blogger, Averie Sunshine.
Averie has a gorgeous, delicious recipe blog (Averie Cooks), and she wrote a cookbook ALL about peanut butter! Her Peanut Butter Comfort cookbook has over 100 recipes of cookies, cakes, sweets, and snacks ALL featuring peanut butter! Glorious!!
This is just one of the many peanut butter lovin’ recipes from her new book. These cookies are chewy, chocolaty, peanut buttery, and fabulous!
A chocolate-lovers dream come true. I knew these decadent cookies would be a huge hit with my chocolate peanut butter lovin’ hubby. ;)
And seriously, with this line up of all-star ingredients, how could you possibly go wrong??! :) Let’s make these bad boys.
Add 1 cup peanut butter.
1/4 heaping cup Nutella. Yeah baby.
3/4 cup sugar.
And 1/4 cup brown sugar. Beat on medium-high speed for 1-2 minutes to cream peanut butter and sugars.
Then, sift in 1/4 cup cocoa powder.
Pour in 2 tablespoons brewed coffee — or water. Coffee intensifies the chocolate flavor.
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
And 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Beat on medium-high speed for 1-2 minutes until the ingredients are well combined.
Next add in 12 broken / lightly crushed Oreos. Double Stuffed, of course. ;)
And stir gently to combine.
Seriously, would you look at this cookie dough??!
These cookies are so insanely chewy.
Look how fabulous they are on the inside!
Love everything about these cookies. Thank you so much for sharing Averie! Make these today for the chocolate peanut butter lover in your life. :) Enjoy!! :)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¼ heaping cup Nutella
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee, espresso, or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 12 Oreo cookies, lightly crushed
- Add peanut butter, Nutella, egg, and sugars to the workbowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat for 2 minutes on medium-high speed to cream. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Then add cocoa powder, coffee, vanilla, and baking soda and beat for 1-2 minutes on medium-high speed until the ingredients are well combined. Add the crushed Oreo pieces and stir to combine. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a medium (1.5 tbsp) cookie scoop, drop dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, about 2 inches apart. Flatten the dough slightly.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. They firm up more as they cool; don't overbake which is easy to do with dark-colored cookies. Store in an airtight container at room temperature on in the refrigerator for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.