They’re so ridiculously easy. Just 5 ingredients and NO measuring!! You just dump everything into the bowl and mix it up. They are super buttery and SO soft and chewy. They melt in your mouth!! Love these fun and easy shortcut cookies.
Check out your 5 simple ingredients. A yellow cake mix + instant flavored oatmeal make these the easiest cookies ever with a seriously yummy flavor. You can use any flavor oatmeal you want to send these cookies over the top!! I used classic Maple & Brown Sugar here, but how good would Apple Cinnamon oatmeal be in the fall?? Omg I just had an idea. You could even use caramel bits instead of chocolate chips!! Or both!! I totally have to make those now. You could also make them with peaches and cream oatmeal, strawberry, banana… The options are endless! Blueberry Oatmeal with a yellow cake mix would be like blueberry muffin cookies!!
Start by melting your butter. You can quickly zap it in the microwave if you’re in a hurry, but I always like to brown my butter to give it a little extra flavor boost. Check out my Secret Ingredient Cookies for a step-by-step guide on browning butter.
Immediately pour the melted butter into a large mixing bowl and add your cake mix…
Two envelopes of instant flavored oatmeal…
And two eggs. Beat on low speed until just combined.
Stir in one bag of chocolate chips. I like using mini chocolate chips for these cookies, but feel free to use any kind you like. :)
Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes until the edges are just starting to turn golden brown. You’ll have the chewiest, gooiest, puffiest cookie ever.
Now if you want to take these cookies over the top, turn them into the ultimate ice cream sandwich by placing a scoop of ice cream on one cookie, top with a second cookie, and cover in more mini chocolate chips.
Ridiculous. Make these cookies ASAP!!! I want to hear all about your flavor combinations.
Lemon Cake Mix + Blueberry Oatmeal + White Chocolate Chips?
Spice Cake Mix + Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal + Caramel Bits?
Strawberry Cake Mix + Strawberry Oatmeal + White and Dark Chocolate Chips?
What would you make first?? :)
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1 (16.5 oz) box yellow cake mix
- 2 (1.5 oz) packets Maple & Brown Sugar instant oatmeal
- 2 large eggs
- 1 bag (12 oz) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt one stick of butter until golden brown, whisking constantly after butter melts. Immediately pour into the bottom of a large mixing bowl. Add cake mix, oatmeal, and eggs, and beat on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1.5 tablespoons of dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, until edges are just starting to turn golden brown.
- If desired, sandwich a scoop of ice cream between two cookies and roll in extra chocolate chips to coat. Freeze until ready to eat.
Follow @kevinandamanda on Instagram and show us what you are making in your kitchen! Use the hashtag #kevinandamanda to show us what you've made from our blog :)