Avocado, lemon, garlic, freshly cracked salt and pepper… Is there anything more pure or fresh than this simple, delicious pasta?? :) My kitchen smelled amazing yesterday as I was making this! Such a bright combination of flavors and aromas.
I am so excited to share this recipe with you today from a new cookbook called Absolutely Avocados by my friend Gaby Dalkin of What’s Gaby Cooking. Gaby is the avocado queen and her new book has 80 amazing avocado recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even dessert! This book would definitely be my first stop for fun, new, delicious recipes using avocados. Gaby is obsessed with avocados, so I know she has the best recipes on how to use them for every occasion!! :)
You know I picked a pasta recipe to make first! :) I didn’t have to read past the first four ingredients — shrimp, avocado, lemon and pasta — to know this would be so right up my alley. Add in garlic, scallions, and Parmesan? It just sends it right over the top.
How to Make Shrimp & Avocado Pasta
Start by boiling the pasta according to the package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, cut the avocado in half. Gaby shows you exactly how to buy and cut an avocado with step by step pictures in her book.
Remove the pit, and spoon out the avocado from the skin and place the avocado into the bowl of a food processor. Add the Parmesan and lemon juice and process for 1 to 2 minutes while streaming in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until smooth and creamy. Scape down the sides of the food processor bowl with a spatula as needed. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and set aside.
Next add the butter and reminaing 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the shrimp and cook until they are pink an cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
Add the scallions and red pepper flakes and stir to combine.
Add the cooked pasta and avocado-Parmesan sauce and toss to combine.
Serve it up topped with more Parmesan if desired! Such a fun and delicious pasta. Thanks for sharing with us Gaby!Print
A creamy avocado and parmesan sauce is tossed with fresh pasta and loads of buttery, garlicky shrimp in this tasty Shrimp & Avocado Pasta recipe! It’s to die for.
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado in the bowl of a food processor. Add the Parmesan and lemon juice to the food processor bowl. Pulse the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes while streaming in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl with a spatula as needed. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Set the avocado mixture aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the linguine and cook according to the package directions. Once the pasta is al dente, drain and set aside.
- Add the butter and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook until they are pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Add the scallions and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Add the cooked pasta and the avocado-Parmesan sauce to the shrimp mixture and toss to combine using a pair of kitchen tongs. The pasta should be evenly coated with the avocado-Parmesan mixture. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve immediately, with more Parmesan if desired.
Keywords: shrimp pasta, shrimp pasta recipe, shrimp pasta garlic, avocado pasta, shrimp spaghetti, shrimp and spaghetti, shrimp pasta dish, shrimp pasta recipe easy, shrimp pasta recipe healthy, how to make shrimp pasta, easy shrimp pasta
To see more recipes from Absolutely Avocados, check out these links below:
Bacon, Avocado and Corn Salad on Picky Palate
Fried Avocado Tacos on Heather Christo Cooks
Irish Nachos on Family Fresh Cooking
Mango Cilantro Guacamole on Two Peas and Their Pod
Cheese Pupusas with Tomatillo Avocado Salsa on Table for Two
Vegetarian Avocado Sushi Bowls on Running with Tweezers
Goat Cheese Guacamole w/ Pita Chips on Shutterbean
And for more recipes plus a peek inside the Absolutely Avocados cookbook, be sure to visit this page on What’s Gaby Cooking!
Hope you enjoy! :)