A creamy avocado and parmesan sauce is tossed with fresh pasta and loads of buttery, garlicky shrimp in this tasty Shrimp & Avocado Pasta recipe! It’s to die for.
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado in the bowl of a food processor. Add the Parmesan and lemon juice to the food processor bowl. Pulse the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes while streaming in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl with a spatula as needed. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Set the avocado mixture aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the linguine and cook according to the package directions. Once the pasta is al dente, drain and set aside.
- Add the butter and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook until they are pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Add the scallions and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Add the cooked pasta and the avocado-Parmesan sauce to the shrimp mixture and toss to combine using a pair of kitchen tongs. The pasta should be evenly coated with the avocado-Parmesan mixture. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve immediately, with more Parmesan if desired.
Keywords: shrimp pasta, shrimp pasta recipe, shrimp pasta garlic, avocado pasta, shrimp spaghetti, shrimp and spaghetti, shrimp pasta dish, shrimp pasta recipe easy, shrimp pasta recipe healthy, how to make shrimp pasta, easy shrimp pasta