Here’s an incredibly scrumptious ravioli dish that I just love. Love. This is definitely one of my favorites here, I could eat that crispy sage all day long! The flavor combinations in this dish blow me away every single time. I know you’ll love this one!
I normally use leftover rotisserie chicken in this dish, but just in case you don’t have any on hand, let me show you this quick and easy chicken technique I picked up from the fabulous Picky Palate blog.
Start with 1 lb split chicken breast with rib meat, skin on.
You’ll also need kosher salt, pepper, and this menagerie of spices — dried thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Smoked is very nice.
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken Ravioli
Combine 1 tsp of all your spices…
And sprinkle over both sides of the chicken.
Heat one tablespoon of canola oil over medium high heat in a dutch oven or a large, oven-safe pot. We’ll be moving it to the oven later. And if you happen to have leftover bacon grease, like I did, I highly recommend that you use that instead. Like I did.
When the oil is hot, add the chicken skin side down and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
Like this.. check out that beautiful crispy skin! Any longer and the spices will start to burn, in which case the dish would become Brown Butter Ravioli with Blackened Chicken, Toasted Walnuts & Crispy Sage.
Flip the chicken over and cook on the other side for 2 more minutes, then move to a 350 degree oven to finish cooking for 25-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, you’ll need about 1/3 cup of these gorgeous, soft, fragrant sage leaves.
Then go ahead and boil and drain your ravioli. I like this mini three cheese ravioli.
When the chicken is done, allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
Grab about 1/2 cup walnuts…
And place them in a large skillet over medium heat and toast for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, especially during the last couple of minutes so they don’t burn.
Here they are all nice and toasted.
Remove from the skillet and chop.
Next, wipe the skillet of any remaining walnut crumbs, place it back over medium heat and melt 4 tablespoons of butter.
When it just starts to turn brown, add your sage leaves.
And stir constantly for one minute. It burns easily, so after one minute, immediately add the drained ravioli and stir to combine, then turn the heat to low and add the chicken and most of the chopped walnuts.
Plate the ravioli and top with the remaining chopped walnuts for garnish. For a truly nirvana-like experience, get one of everything in a single bite — cheesy, brown buttery ravioli, crispy sage, a few toasted walnuts, and a bite of your rotisserie chicken. I die.Print
This Rotisserie Chicken Ravioli is such a delicious dinner recipe! Made with browned butter, toasted walnuts and crispy sage, it’s such a yummy pasta dish for the whole family to enjoy.
- 1 lb chicken breast with rib meat
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 9 oz fresh mini ravioli
- 2 oz (1/2 cup) walnuts
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup fresh sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and thyme and rub over both sides of the chicken. In a dutch oven or large, oven-safe pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin side down, and cook for 2 minutes until golden brown. Flip and cook for two more minutes. Move the pot to the oven and continue cooking for 25-30 minutes. Allow the chicken to cool for 5 minutes, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Boil and drain the ravioli according the to package directions.
- Place the walnuts in a large skillet over medium heat and toast for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove and chop. Wipe the skillet clean, and melt 4 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet over medium heat. When the butter just starts to turn brown, add the sage and stir constantly for one minute. Immediately add the ravioli and stir to combine. Add the chicken and most of the chopped walnuts and stir.
- Plate the pasta and top with remaining walnuts.
Keywords: ravioli recipe, ravioli bake, ravioli homemade, chicken pasta dish, chicken pasta recipe, easy chicken pasta recipe, healthy chicken pasta recipe, best chicken pasta recipe, chicken pasta, easy chicken dinner