15 Minute Lasagna Recipe
If you are looking for the best lasagna recipe easy, this easy lasagna recipe will show you how to make lasagna in less than 15 minutes!!
Yes, you can really have cheesy, dreamy, homemade lasagna in just 15 minutes! Everything cooks in just one skillet so you only have one pan to wash. You don’t even have to pre-boil the noodles first! This is really the best lasagna recipe ever. Perfect for busy weeknights!
If you’ve tried any of my other recipes, you know how I love quick, easy weeknight dinners. My favorite recipes are the kind where everything is cooked in one pan, so you only have one dish to wash at the end of the night.
Lasagna isn’t usually one of those quick and easy recipes. A typical lasagna recipe usually takes at least 30 minutes to prepare and another 45 minutes to cook. Even frozen lasagna can take over an hour to bake! Usually by the time I get home and start trying to figure out dinner, I’m starving and I want to eat now! Not 90 minutes from now!
Best Lasagna Recipe EASY
Enter this easiest ever 15-minute lasagna recipe. Everything you need for this lasagna recipe cooks in one pan on the stovetop in just 15 minutes. This lasagna recipe has it all — layers of noodles, seasoned sausage and beef, and gooey, melty cheese, just like lasagna is supposed to be. But you can make this easy lasagna recipe in a fraction of the time. And since there’s only one pan, you only have one dish to wash after dinner! Hallelujah for easy clean-up!
Let’s make this, shall we?! :)
Lasagna Recipe Simple Ingredients
Here’s all you need to make this easy lasagna recipe. Just a few simple ingredients!
- I buy frozen, diced onions as a time saver so I don’t have to chop onions every night. You can just add these frozen, straight from the bag.
- Also, lately I am in love with these Jimmy Dean pre-cooked turkey sausage crumbles. I use it in place of pork breakfast sausage (like Jimmy Dean or Tennessee Pride) because it tastes just like it and has 60% less fat. And it’s pre-cooked so I don’t have to do anything.
- I used regular lasagna noodles, not the oven-ready kind.
- Tomato sauce. One 8-oz can.
- One can diced tomatoes. I love Ro-tel because of the extra spice it adds, but feel free to use regular diced tomatoes if you don’t like spicy.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Ground beef
- And finally, I LOVE to use fresh mozzarella pearls to top this dish for an extra, gooey, cheesy layer. I find them in the cheese case in the deli section of my grocery store, but if you can’t find the pearls, you can buy a ball and slice it, or just use regular shredded mozzarella. I’ve done it both ways and either way is fabulous in this lasagna recipe. Easy!
How To Make Lasagna
First, brown the ground beef and diced onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat. If you can’t find the pre-cooked turkey sausage crumbles, go ahead and brown 1/2 lb breakfast sausage here with the beef and onions.
Drain any excess grease if necessary, then turn heat to medium. Add 2-3 cloves minced garlic and stir for one minute until fragrant.
Next add the pre-cooked sausage and broken lasagna pieces. Remember, you don’t have to pre-boil the noodles first!
And top with diced tomatoes…
And tomato sauce. You may want to try and spread these out a little better than I did, lol!
Then pour over 2 cups of water and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Give it a quick stir as best you can to combine, then cover and simmer over medium to medium-low heat. While cooking, give it a shake occasionally to evenly distribute the noodles as they soften.
In 15-minutes you’ll have delicious, saucy noodles.
Turn off the heat, top with cheese, and stir to combine.
Generously top with mozzarella pearls.
And broil in the oven for 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Top with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese if desired.
We love, love, love this lasagna recipe. Easy and so simple to make! This is the best lasagna recipe ever. Hope you enjoy!
15 Minute Lasagna Recipe
Yield: 4 servings.
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (9.6 oz) bag Jimmy Dean pre-cooked turkey sausage crumbles OR 1/2 lb cooked pork breakfast sausage
- 8 oz (about 10) lasagna noodles, broken into 1/4ths
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro-tel diced tomatoes (or regular diced tomatoes)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste, about 1/2 teaspoon each
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella pearls
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onion over medium-high heat stirring occasionally until browned. Drain excess grease if necessary. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for one minute until fragrant.
- Evenly add the pre-cooked sausage, lasagna pieces, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water over the skillet. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes over medium to medium-low heat. Shake the skillet occasionally to evenly distribute the noodles as they soften. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Top with mozzarella pearls and broil for 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbly.