Italian Meatball Tortellini
We seriously love this Italian Meatball Tortellini! It’s such a fun spin on the classic spaghetti and meatballs. Who can say no to saucy meatballs and cheesy tortellini?? :) This is one of those meals that I keep the ingredients for on hand at ALL times. It’s quick and easy, family-friendly, and everyone will love it!!
And it literally could not be easier to make. I love these frozen meatballs from Costco and always have some in my freezer. If you’d like to make your own meatballs to keep in the freezer, here is a great recipe.
I also use frozen tortellini so I can always have it on hand, but you could also use fresh here.
The only other things you’ll need are spaghetti sauce and chicken broth! And if you’re in a pinch, you could just use water instead of broth. But I like the extra flavor of the broth. :)
How to Make Italian Meatball Tortellini
First, start by cooking the meatballs according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, add the tomato sauce, broth, and tortellini to a skillet.
Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 8 minutes.
Add the cooked meatballs and salt and pepper to taste if desired. Stir to combine and simmer for an additional two minutes.
Remove to a plate or a wide bowl for serving.
You can garnish with a little basil…
And parmesan cheese on top if desired. :)
So, so good! We love this one. It’s definitely in our regular rotation. :) Hope you enjoy!!
This Italian Meatball Tortellini is the perfect dinner recipe for lovers of spaghetti and meatballs. Saucy, cheesy, and full of fantastic meatballs!
- 20 meatballs, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups (18 oz) cheese tortellini, fresh or frozen
- Cook the meatballs according to the package directions.
- Add broth, spaghetti sauce, and tortellini to a large (12-inch) skillet or dutch oven. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the cooked meatballs and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired. Simmer for an additional 2 minutes to heat through.
- Top with basil and parmesan cheese if desired.
Keywords: meatball pasta, tortellini recipe, tortellini cheese recipe, italian dinner, italian dinner recipe, easy dinner recipe, easy pasta recipe, quick and easy dinner recipe, quick and easy recipe for dinner, easy family dinner
More Easy One-Dish Dinners!