Easy Italian Breakfast Casserole
So excited to share this easy, cheesy, Italian Breakfast Casserole with you today. You can even make it the night before and bake it the next morning. We love this one!
Here’s all you need to make this quick and easy meal — ham, salami, crescent rolls, eggs, shredded cheese, bell peppers and onions.
I keep this frozen bell pepper and onion blend in my freezer at all times! It makes recipes so so easy — much faster than chopping and dicing my own. Plus since they’re frozen I can always have them on hand.
How to Make This Hearty Breakfast Casserole
This particular brand of peppers and onions are a little big. They come in long slices, but I like them diced a little smaller.
So I just gave them a quick chop while they were still frozen.
Then, add one tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet over high heat.
When it just starts to smoke, carefully add the peppers and onions.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are softened and slightly blackened around the edges. Remove to a plate and set aside.
Next, grab a 9×13 baking dish and coat generously with nonstick cooking spray.
Unroll the crescent rolls into the bottom of the dish…
And top with two layers of ham. I found this delicious Rosemary and Sun Dried Tomato ham in the deli section of my grocery store, but you could use any kind of ham here. Check out your deli section and see what fun flavors you can find!
Then top with a layer of salami.
Next, beat eight eggs with salt and pepper to taste. I used about 1/2 teaspoon each.
Then pour over the salami.
Top with the bell peppers and onions…
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
And serve! :)
You guys, this is so, so good! We love this for “Breakfast for Dinner” nights! It’s so easy to make ahead and bake the next morning too, so it makes the perfect fancy morning brunch. Hope you enjoy!!
This Italian Breakfast Casserole has layers of salami, ham, eggs and cheese for the perfect breakfast, lunch, or even dinner! This recipe is a family favorite waiting to be discovered.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced bell peppers and onions
- 1 (8 oz) tube Crescent Rolls
- 8 slices ham
- 15 slices salami
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella, provolone or Italian blend)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over high heat. When it just starts to smoke, carefully add bell peppers and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are soft and slightly blackened around the edges. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the prepared dish, layer crescent rolls, ham, and salami. Beat the eggs with the salt and pepper and pour on top. Top with peppers and onions and cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Keywords: breakfast casserole recipe, make ahead casserole, easy casserole, easy breakfast casserole, easy casserole recipe, best casserole, best breakfast casserole, best casserole recipe, best breakfast casserole recipe