Have you ever considered running a 5k? You should! Check out my experience running my first 5k, plus more fun stuff we did this week!
1. Happy Valentine’s Day!! Yesterday was a snow day for us! We got about three inches, which is basically a ton. It doesn’t even snow every year here, so we’re happy when we get just a flurry! Three inches in Alabama means roads are closed, schools are closed, and everybody stays home from work. So of course we took full advantage of the opportunity and headed outside first thing in the morning to play in the snow! We had a snowball fight with the neighbors, went sledding, made snowmen, and then we invited everyone inside to warm up at the hot chocolate bar. When the roads cleared up later we all went out for pizza and froyo. Pics of our winter wonderland to come next week. Miley and Howie joined in on the fun too! ;)
2. You guys. The most random thing happened to me the other night. So, I’m pretty much addicted to Buzzfeed. If I only had two apps on my phone, it would be Instagram and Buzzfeed. I seriously read it nonstop when I’m killing time / should be working. They are always posting silly personality quizzes, and I almost always think they’re pretty eye-roll worthy, but of course I still take every single one. Obviously.
The other night they had a “What Font Are You” quiz, and of course I totally took it. However I was admittedly slightly more interested in this quiz than usual since I do make and love fonts.
Guess what font I got.
I got MY OWN HANDWRITING FONT.
Like, MY REAL handwriting that I made into a font eleventy billion years ago when I first started making fonts.
How totally crazy/random/freaky/fluky/amazing is that?! I am still laughing my head off.
P.S. They’re right. My real handwriting looks nothing like the font. Snort!
3. Speaking of fonts! When someone buys a commercial license for a font, I don’t always know how the font will be used. It’s always a fun scavenger hunt to see where they’ll turn up next! I totally got a kick out of seeing a few of the Pea Fonts make an appearance on these Cheerios boxes! :) I love Cheerios! The fonts used here are Pea Amy, Pea Hannah Vanilla, and Pea Sadie. Thanks for using the fonts, Cheerios!! :) xoxo
P.S. Keep an eye out for the fonts at Target soon. ;)
4. This one I TOTALLY loved seeing. I was back in my hometown and was at a fan/sports clothing store. They had an Auburn shirt with one of the Pea fonts on it!! This one’s Pea Sarah Lynne. Of course I had to get it!! Sorry it’s a little wrinkly here. I wear it all the time! :)
Running a 5k
5. Last weekend I ran my first 5k! Afterwards, Miley and Howie got to run the 1-Mile Doggie Dash Fun Run with me! :) We totally did not think they would actually run, but once they saw all the other doggies running, they wanted to run too! :) They did so good! Wish they could run every race with me!! :) xoxo
6. I made Turkey and Apple Goat Cheese Tea Sandwiches with Homemade Cranberry Orange Bread over on the KitchenAid blog!
7. I also made Picky Palate’s Honey Whole Wheat Pizza Dough for dinner one night last week. It was a huge hit! Seriously so soft and chewy, great flavor, and it doesn’t even have to rise! You can have this dough ready in 15 mins.
8. Has anyone tried the Younique 3D Fibre Lash mascara? I’m intrigued!
9. The King of Queens: The Complete Series is now only $24.99 on Amazon. I got this as a stocking stuffer for Kevin this year!
10. I am LOVING these fun ideas for conversation hearts from Gimme Some Oven!! I am TOTALLY doing those candles next year for Valentine’s Day!!
Conversation Heart Candles
Conversation Heart Cake
Conversation Heart Popcorn
11. Last week our backyard looked like this. I think I’ll keep it.
12. Are you on Pinterest? If you’re into tried and true recipes, here are some awesome boards to follow! :)
Kevin and Amanda on Pinterest
Most Pinned Recipes
Best Weeknight Dinners
Most Pinned Desserts
BEST Comfort Food Recipes
The “PINspiration” Place
13. Make it a goal to go here and get a biscuit and grits as soon as humanly possible. You’re welcome.
Thanks so much for looking! Have a great weekend!! :)
I can’t seem to get the tea sandwich recipe. Is it located somewhere else?
Oh my gosh! That is my font on the Cheerios box!!!! Thanks for sharing. I probably would have missed it.
Yay Amy!!! How fun is that?? Was so excited for you to see your handwriting up there! :)
It’s so funny about the font. I took that same quiz and got the same answer! When I saw it, I thought – I know this font, it looks very familiar. Now I know why!
Oh my word! How amazing to actually find your fonts all over. That must be so fun. Love your site, but that just must be the best thing ever. AND, to get paid for them! Awesome.
How stinkin EXCITING! Girl you are BIG TIME!
I use your fonts all the time for my classroom stuff. Congrats on your first 5K!
I so enjoy your posts, site, photos, etc… but I have one question – this first photo of you and your husband – he’s all bundled up and you are not despite the seemingly cold weather.
Thanks again for sharing your experiences and ideas.
-Dose of Donna
We got snow here too and we never get snow! (Well not a lot anyways) haha I love all of the Pea fonts!
Congrats on the 5K! Amazing achievement! Loved the pic of the doggies running. I’m glad they had a good time, too!
Look at that pretty snow…always fun when we get a snow day in the South! We actually had a White Christmas in Houston in 2004…a Christmas Eve snowball fight is one memory we’ll never forget ;).
Well done on your (and your pups’) running efforts. I’ve never been a good runner even as a kid. Great at swimming but running was just a whole other ball game. It must be so exciting spotting your fonts, you must be very proud! Also, the view from your backyard is just gorgeous, my husband makes fun of me for how I stare at the clouds but now my son does it too and will run inside to tell me if there’s something beautiful happening in the heavens. :D
Congrats on the running of the 5K! That is awesome! And I didn’t know they did doggie races! That is so cool! I love to do 5K’s! They are the best races!
Did you see the article where Rupert Murdoch took the Buzzfeed Tycoon quiz and got himself??? :)
Hilarious on the font quiz! Laugh, snort!!!
Could someone please help me understand what the fonts are for? I love how they look, but I have no idea why I’m supposed to download them and then what I’m supposed to do with them. I feel like there’s a whole font world out there that I know nothing about!! :)
LOVE seeing the pics of Miley and Howie, especially in the snow! Not sure our Basset Hound could do the 1-mile dash without getting distracted by either a) something good-smelling or b) people she thinks would give her strokes!
That is so funny that you got your own handwriting, and so exciting to see those fonts being used! That is really cool that they are being used on Cheerios boxes. Your handwriting fonts are my favorite!
I’m amazed that you all got snow! So fun!! Your snowy house looks picture perfect. :)
And your fonts + Cheerios?! Two of my favorites. Congratulations!
Thanks so much for featuring the heart recipe/candles too. Happy Valentine’s Day, friend!
Yay for snow! We just had 9″ I was happy to see it but even happier to see it gone. Looks like you guys had fun!
I’ve been using the younique products for a couple of months now. LOVE it!!! Especially love the mascara! I actually use a little water with the makeup so it goes on like smooth paint! Those 3D fiber lashes make a BIG difference on my thin short eyelashes!
I just started using Younique Fiber Lashes. It takes a few tries to get the application looking like you want, but I love it. I also bought their lip gloss. Love it!
Your fonts are how I found your blog a few years ago! I had no idea that you licensed them out! I thought it was just a hobby, but that is so cool seeing your work on things!
I got the same font when I did the quiz. Maybe there’s really only one answer? I’m waiting for my daughter to do it to see what she gets. Even if they give everyone the same font, still way cool that they chose YOURS!!
Love your blog. The photography that goes along with your words is awesome!
I am cracking up at the font thing, that is so funny! Congrats on the 5K!
Hope you guys have a great weekend and enjoy the snow!
Amanda, I love getting into work and seeing a post from you – it really brightens my day :) !!! please do more of these compilation posts – it takes me forever to go through it since i’m clicking on all the links and I love it! I’ve been thinking of trying Jenny’s pizza dough recipe and you just convinced me to – thank you!!!!!
That is amazing that you got your own font in a quiz! If you don’t mind me asking, how many corporations use your font? When I think a font looks familiar I’ll have to check and see if it’s yours. That happens a great deal.
Congratulations on the 5K!
We have our third snowfall of the winter on the ground right now. We’re hoping the most recent which started on Tuesday will all be gone by tomorrow. This has to be a record for SC. I love the kind of snow that’s here today and gone tomorrow. ;)
P.S. I took the quiz and got the same font!
So neat that you got your own font! And so so exciting that they’re going to be on Cheerio boxes, too! Cheerios just came to Germany a few weeks ago. I was super excited by this. :D
And that pizza is on my list! Definitely have to make it.
How crazy to get your own font!! Your fonts are how I found your blog 5 years ago! I wear Younique fiber lash mascara every day and love it. It takes a couple of times applying it to get used to how much gel and fibers to use but once you get the hang of it you’ll never look back ;)