So excited to be working with Cholula Hot Sauce today to bring you these fresh, fabulous Firecracker Shrimp Tacos for Cinco de Mayo! These tacos are absolutely bursting with flavor. I am obsessed with this zesty firecracker shrimp marinated with Chili Lime Cholula!
Add fresh avocado, corn, spicy tomatoes and wrap it up in a warm, soft tortilla and you have the ultimate shrimp taco. They’re perfect for summer, taco night, or anytime!
First let’s start with the firecracker shrimp. I asked you guys which flavor of Cholula I should start with first, and Chili Lime was the overwhelming response!! You’ll also need garlic, olive oil, a pinch of sugar and dash of salt.
Thoroughly combine all the ingredients for the marinade and pour over shrimp. Shake the bag to coat, then let marinate in the fridge while we prepare the avocado corn salsa.
Here’s what you’ll need for the salsa. Avocado, frozen corn kernels, lime juice, diced tomatoes with green chiles, and diced onion. You could also use a fresh onion, but I really like having frozen diced onions on hand at all times so I don’t have to chop them myself! :)
First drain the tomatoes. I love this little colander with the handle on the side, so it can hang out over the sink and drain while I’m doing other stuff. Here is a similar colander on Amazon.
Next, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add the onions and corn, and let sizzle just for about 5 minutes, just long enough to get some color on the onions.
And the tomatoes and cook for 1-2 more minutes until heated through. It is starting to smell like a Mexican restaurant in here!!!
Then remove to a bowl.
Cut the avocado in half, scoop out the flesh with a spoon, dice, and add to corn mixture.
Add the lime juice, plenty of fresh salt and pepper, and stir gently to combine. It’s a fiesta now!!
Now it’s time for the shrimp! I just used the same pan I used for the salsa. Place the pan over medium high heat and let it get nice and hot.
Then add the shrimp and the marinade, directly from the bag.
Cook for 2 to 2.5 minutes per side until shrimp is golden and crispy.
Add the shrimp to a tortilla, top with salsa, and dig in!! These tacos are so, so good. We love them!!
Also be sure to check out Picky Palate’s Zesty Spanish Rice Chicken Soup today using Cholula Original Hot Sauce! Enjoy, friends!!
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon chili lime Cholula Chili Lime or Original hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste (about ½ teaspoon each)
- Combine the hot sauce, olive oil, salt, sugar, and garlic and pour over shrimp. Stir to coat well. Place in Ziploc bag and marinate in fridge.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and corn, and saute, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes until onion is golden. Add drained tomatoes and stir for 1-2 more minutes until heated through. Remove to a bowl. Cut the avocado in half, scoop out the flesh with a spoon, dice, and add to corn mixture. Add the lime juice, plenty of fresh salt and pepper to taste, and stir gently to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the pan again over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and marinade. Cook for 2 to 2.5 minutes per side until shrimp is golden and crispy. Add the shrimp to a tortilla, top with salsa, and serve.
Follow @kevinandamanda on Instagram and show us what you are making in your kitchen! Use the hashtag #kevinandamanda to show us what you've made from our blog :)