These Firecracker Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa are so delicious and flavorful! They make the perfect hearty lunch or dinner for your family.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon chili lime Cholula Chili Lime or Original hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
Avocado Corn Salsa
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon each)
- Combine the hot sauce, olive oil, salt, sugar, and garlic and pour over shrimp. Stir to coat well. Place in Ziploc bag and marinate in fridge.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and corn, and saute, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes until onion is golden. Add drained tomatoes and stir for 1-2 more minutes until heated through. Remove to a bowl. Cut the avocado in half, scoop out the flesh with a spoon, dice, and add to corn mixture. Add the lime juice, plenty of fresh salt and pepper to taste, and stir gently to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the pan again over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and marinade. Cook for 2 to 2.5 minutes per side until shrimp is golden and crispy. Add the shrimp to a tortilla, top with salsa, and serve.
Keywords: shrimp tacos recipe, easy shrimp tacos recipe, best shrimp tacos recipe, easy shrimp tacos, how to make shrimp tacos, avocado salsa, corn salsa recipe, corn salsa