I have a husband who is obsessed with all things Banana, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate. And banana pudding is his absolute favorite! I was never really a banana pudding person before, but his obsession with banana, peanut butter, and chocolate is so strong it has actually started to grow on me a bit! :) So I am always looking for ways to incorporate his favorite flavor trifecta in treats for him. :) I think ice cream is his second favorite dessert of all time, so this easy, no machine required Banana Pudding Ice Cream with Peanut Butter and Chocolate Fudge Swirls was perfect!
If you’ve never made this easy, two-ingredient ice cream, you must absolutely put it on your must-make list before summer ends! :) Here’s how I jazzed it up with banana, peanut butter, and chocolate.
Heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk are the two main players in this recipe, then you can add whatever flavors and toppings you want to create your perfect ice cream. I added bananas, banana pudding, peanut butter, hot fudge, and mini Nilla wafers to make Banana Pudding Ice Cream.
Just start with sweetened condensed milk, and add it to a large bowl, big enough for all your toppings! :)
Add some banana cream jello… Thanks to my lovely assistant and hand model hubby here! He was really excited about this ice cream. :)
Whisk the instant pudding into the sweetened condensed milk until dissolved. I thought I could do this with a spatula. Hahahaha. Um, no. You might even want to use a KitchenAid or mixer here! I made Kevin take over. :)
Next add in some sliced bananas, for texture. Everything’s totally optional here. You can add whatever you want! :)
Some crushed mini Nilla wafers. So addicted to these darn cookies!
Now with a mixer, whip your very cold heavy cream until it looks like whipped cream. Then fold it into the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
Now before all this started, I placed a bowl with 1/2 cup peanut butter in the freezer to harden. Kevin specified that he wanted this ice cream to just have swirls of peanut butter, not be completely peanut butter flavored. ;)
So just pinch off teaspoon-size dollops of peanut butter and fold them into the ice cream for perfect peanut butter swirls. Next do the same with the room temperature hot fudge topping for dreamy fudge swirls.
That is IT you guys!! Pour it all into a two-quart container and freeze overnight.
Can I tell you how hard it is to wait for this?! Go ahead and sneak a bite now though. Quality control and all.
And when it comes out, you have an ultra creamy, ultra dreamy ice cream that’s 100% custom made and perfect for your palate!
Now to the fun part! Smucker’s Ice Cream Toppings would like to offer one Kevin & Amanda reader everything needed to prepare for an ice cream party, including two of the latest Smucker’s Toppings varieties! Taste-test these new products with family and friends during a summer celebration – whether it’s a backyard barbecue, birthday party or just an everyday moment.
Smucker’s Ice Cream Toppings Party Kit: ($150 value)
- Smucker’s Spoonable Blueberry Topping and Smucker’s Hot Caramel Microwavable Topping
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk — three varieties
- $75 Walmart gift card — for heavy cream and toppings!
- Smucker’s Bowls & Scoop — they change colors when you put ice cream in them!! So fun!
- Portable iPod speakers
- Exclusive Recipes
How to Enter
To be entered to win the Smucker’s Ice Cream Toppings Party Kit, all you have to do is leave a comment on this post. What is your perfect flavor combo?? :)
Contest ends Wednesday, August 8 at 8 am CST. One entry per person, please. Winner must have a US mailing address. Winner will be chosen at random and notified by email. Giveaway graciously provided by Smuckers.
If you’re on Facebook, come check us out here! :)
The winner of the Smucker’s Ice Cream Toppings Party Kit is:
#484 Delaine Brown: Caramel, pecans and chocolate are my favorites! I think I was a snickers or turtle in my past life! This recipe is definately a keeper too though!
Congrats Delaine! I’ve sent you an email! :)
Good luck!!! :)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz) banana cream Jell-o instant pudding
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ cup mini Nilla wafers, broken in half
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- Measure the peanut butter into a bowl, and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm up. Meanwhile, whisk Jell-o into sweetened condensed milk. Stir in sliced banana and Nilla wafers.
- Using an electric mixer (with a whisk attachment, if you have one), beat heavy cream until it resembles whipped cream. Fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Retrieve peanut butter from the freezer and pinch off teaspoon-sized dollops and drop into the ice cream. Next squeeze teaspoon-sized dollops of room temperature hot fudge topping into the ice cream. Gently fold it all together.
- Store in a two-quart container and freeze overnight. Serve the next day with topped with whipped cream, heated hot fudge topping, and extra crushed Nilla wafers! Enjoy!!