Crispy Lemon Chicken Pasta
Love crispy garlic chicken and buttery parmesan noodles in a fresh lemon cream sauce?? You will love this quick and easy Crispy Lemon Chicken Pasta! I love the combo of light angel hair pasta with this fresh creamy lemon sauce. And the crispy garlic chicken is the cherry on top! It’s so easy to make for a weeknight dinner, and all you need are a few fresh and simple ingredients. If you love lemon, chicken, and pasta, make this for dinner tonight! :)
Here’s all you’ll need: pasta, lemon, butter, chicken, cream, flour, grated parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
Start by cooking the pasta according to the package directions. Then drain and set aside. I love angel hair pasta with this sauce, but it would be great with pretty much any kind of pasta! Penne, rotini, fettuccine, shells, you name it!
Place the chicken between two layers of wax paper and pound to even thickness. You’re not trying to get them too thin, just so that they’re even and flat. Then generously season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
Generously coat each side of the chicken with flour.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
When the butter is hot and starts to turn brown, add the chicken.
Cook on each side, flipping once, until golden brown and chicken is cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
Next you’ll need the zest and juice of one lemon.
One lemon is about 2 tablespoons of juice. If you want to skip the zest and just used bottled lemon juice, that’s totally fine too.
Now in the same pan that you cooked the chicken, melt 1/4 cup butter.
When the butter is foamy, add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the cream and bring to a simmer.
Add the lemon zest and juice and whisk to combine. The sauce should start to thicken.
Whisk in the parmesan cheese until smooth and melted.
Add the pasta to a plate, then top with chicken and sauce. Garnish with extra parmesan cheese and parsley if desired.
This simple Lemon Chicken pasta is a huge hit! The sauce is ultra creamy with a decadent butter and light lemon flavor. The lemon is not too strong, but you can definitely tell it’s there. It’s the perfect amount when paired with the crispy chicken, fresh pasta, and parmesan cheese.
Crispy Lemon Chicken Pasta
Yield: 4 servings.
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- 1 lb chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Season chicken generously on both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Then dredge chicken in flour until coated on all sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. When butter is hot and starts to turn brown, add the chicken and cook on each side, flipping once, until golden brown and chicken is cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 4 tablespoons butter. When melted and foamy, add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Add the lemon juice and zest and whisk to combine. Add the parmesan cheese and whisk until smooth and melted.
- Plate the pasta and top with chicken and sauce. Garnish with extra parmesan cheese and parsley if desired. Serve and enjoy!!