These Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treat Pralines are full of crispy, chewy goodness. If you like peanut butter, you’ll love these tasty krispy treats!
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- Lay out a large sheet of waxed paper and spray with cooking spray. Make sure to do this before starting to cook the pralines.
- Combine the sugars, milk, butter and vanilla extract in a large pot, at least 4 quarts, over medium-high heat. When it comes to a boil, stir constantly for 3 minutes while the mixture is bubbling. In the last 20 seconds, stir in peanut butter.
- Remove from heat and stir constantly until the mixture thickens and becomes creamy and cloudy. Stir in Rice Krispies, then spoon out onto the greased waxed paper.
For traditional pralines, omit the peanut butter and rice krispies and add 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the pot with all the ingredients at the beginning of the recipe.
Keywords: peanut butter rice krispy treats, homemade rice krispy treats, how to make rice krispy treats, the best rice krispy treats, praline recipe, peanut butter dessert, peanut butter dessert recipe