Harvest Breakfast Braid
Last year I went to the Pillsbury Bake-off in Las Vegas. I wasn’t a contestant or a judge or anything — I just got to watch! We got to walk around the Bake-off during the contest and taste-test all the entries. Talk about a dream come true!! All the recipes there have already gone through multiple rounds of testing and judging before making it to the final Bake-off, so you know they’re ALL incredible. But this harvest breakfast braid was one of my absolute favorite things I had all day. It would’ve totally gotten my vote for the million-dollar prize! I’ve made it several times since then and everyone always RAVES over it.
- Perfect for a fancy breakfast, like on Christmas morning.
- Beautiful and impressive dish to serve company or take to a party.
- Quick, easy, and family-friendly enough to make for a fun and delicious weeknight dinner.
Here’s all you need: pizza dough, sausage, havarti cheese, pecans, dried cranberries, orange marmalade, and shoot, I just realize I forgot to put my granny smith apple in this picture!
How to Make This Beautiful Breakfast Braid
Line a 15×10-inch baking pan with parchment paper and unroll the pizza dough in the pan.
Press the dough almost to the edges of the pan.
Now spread 1/3 cup of orange marmalade down center of dough.
Top with apple slices…
Half of the cheese… (I used havarti, but you could also use brie or swiss.)
Cooked sausage crumbles… (I like using the Jimmy Dean pre-cooked Turkey Sausage crumbles because it’s easier, tastes just as good, and 60% less fat.)
Top with the remaining cheese…
And finally, half of the pecans and cranberries.
Next cut the dough into 1-inch strips along the sides.
Fold strips diagonally over filling, alternating from side to side, stretching the dough as needed.
Bake this at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Take it out of the oven and spread the remaining 1/3 cup marmalade over the top and sides of the partially baked dough, then sprinkle with remaining cranberries and pecans. Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes longer until golden brown.
Delicious!! This is the perfect holiday meal. You could even make it the night before and pop it in the oven the next morning. Hope you enjoy!!
This Harvest Breakfast Braid is the perfect way to start your day! Filled with cheese, pecans, cranberries and apples, this giant pastry has all your favorite breakfast flavors.
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated Classic Pizza Crust
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 6 slices Havarti cheese, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 15×10-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Unroll dough in pan. Press dough almost to edges of pan. Spread 1/3 cup of marmalade down center of dough. Top with apple slices, half of the cheese, the sausage, the remaining cheese, half the pecans, and half the cranberries.
- Make cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling. Fold strips of dough diagonally over filling, alternating from side to side, stretching dough as needed. Bake 15 minutes.
- Spread the remaining 1/2 cup marmalade over the top and sides of the partially baked braid. Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes longer until golden brown. Serve warm.
Keywords: homemade breakfast, breakfast pastry, danish recipe, danish cheese recipe, Danish pastry recipe, pastry recipe, healthy breakfast recipe, easy healthy breakfast recipe