You guys know how I am obsessed with Ritz Peanut Butter Cup S’mores! It is seriously the best way to do s’mores: salty and sweet with chocolate AND peanut butter. :) I wanted to incorporate those flavors into a fun, gooey, marshmallow-y cake bar. I am in love with how these turned out!! Kevin is obsessed with them! He has declared it one of his all time favorite treats ever.
The bottom layer is a sweet, buttery cake, topped with a layer of salty Ritz crackers and fluffy marshmallow creme.
They’re then topped off with mini peanut butter cups and crushed Ritz crackers for the perfect combo of salty, sweet, ooey, and gooey!!! :) You’ve got to make these bars! :)
Here’s all you need to make these bad boys.
How to Make Peanut Butter S’mores Bars
First beat together 1 yellow cake mix, 1 stick softened butter, and 1 egg into a firm dough.
Then press into the bottom of a 9×13 pan that’s been lined with foil. Lining makes it so much easier to get them out of the pan!
Here’s my trick for a faster and easier way to line a pan with foil. Press foil around the bottom of the pan first, then place inside. It should fit perfectly now!
Next add a layer of Ritz crackers…
Then mix together 1 jar of marshmallow creme with 1 can of sweetened condensed milk. The sweetened condensed milk gives the marshmallow fluff a wonderful toasty flavor! :)
And pour evenly over the crackers for your sweet marshmallow filling.
Top with 2 bags mini peanut butter cups and more crushed Ritz.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely in pan before cutting and serving. Bars will be very gooey when warm, but will set up once cooled. You can speed up this process by putting them in the fridge. Kevin actually prefers them chilled!
Oh my gosh, you guys. These bars.
They’re sweet, buttery, fluffy, chocolaty, and peanut buttery.
Cannot get over how soft and gooey they are!! :) Love them!! :) If you’re a fan of cake, Ritz crackers, and peanut butter cups, you’ve got to make these bars happen ASAP. :) Hope you enjoy!! :)Print
Packed with marshmallows, chocolate and peanut butter, these Gooey Ritz Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars are out of this world! This easy cake mix cookie bar recipe is perfect for every occasion.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (8 ounce) bags mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray. Beat cake mix, butter, and egg into a firm dough, then press into the bottom of prepared pan. Top with a layer of Ritz crackers.
- Mix together marshmallow creme and sweetened condensed milk until fully combined, and pour evenly over the crackers. Top with mini peanut butter cups and one sleeve crushed Ritz crackers.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely in pan before cutting and serving. Bars will be very gooey when warm, but will set up once cooled.
Keywords: smores bars recipe, smores cookies recipe, cake mix cookie bars, cake mix cookie recipe, peanut butter cookie bars, smores recipe, smores bar recipe, smores dessert, easy cookie bars
More Decadent Chocolate Recipes!