These homemade Blondies are perfectly buttery, warm and delicious. They taste amazing with swirls of Nutella and without! You can add any of your favorite ingredients into this recipe and it’ll come out wonderful.
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nutella (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8″ baking dish. (Line with foil, wax or parchment paper if desired. Grease the lining too.)
- Melt the butter in a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat; add both sugars and whisk until combined and sugar is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Next, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract until combined. Slowly drizzle in the butter and sugar while whisking constantly. Then add the flour and whisk until just incorporated.
- Now, at this point you could fold in your favorite add-ins: chocolate chips, milk chocolate chunks, nuts, etc. Me? I like mine just plain, baby.
To make Nutella Swirl Blondies
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish, then drop spoonfuls of Nutella over the surface. (I did probably 9-10 spoonfuls) Swirl the batter in the pan making “S” shapes with a butter knife.
Other optional variations
- You could swirl in peanut butter or caramel. Or you could make a batch of cookie dough (my favorite would be peanut butter cookie dough or double chocolate chip cookie dough) and press chunks of cookie dough down into the batter. The options are limitless! :)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top cracks slightly and is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist pieces clinging to it. Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely. Or until you can’t stand it any more and have to dig in!
Adapted from Bobby Flay’s Blondies.
Keywords: blondies recipe, best blondies recipe, easy blondies recipe, blonde brownies, blonde brownies recipe, easy dessert recipe, easy brownies recipe, best brownies recipe