This crispy shrimp pasta is such a treat. It’s rich, buttery, creamy, and a cinch to whip up. The golden crust on the shrimp is just glorious. I can’t say enough good things about this perfectly indulgent delight!
Boil noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, grab three-fourths of a pound of raw shrimp that’s been peeled, deveined, and tails removed. This is just the right amount for two servings.
Season generously with salt..
And freshly ground pepper. Give this a stir to evenly distribute the seasoning.
Sprinkle on one tablespoon of flour…
And stir to coat.
Add one more tablespoon of flour for good measure.
And stir to evenly coat the shrimp. Perfect.
Melt one tablespoon of butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
When melted and hot, add the shrimp in a single layer and cook one one side for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
Flip the shrimp and cook until golden brown on the other side, another 2-3 minutes.
When done, remove the shrimp to the plate. This golden, crispy crust, inspired by How Sweet Eats’ Crispy Shrimp Pasta with Arugula Pesto Cream Sauce is pure heaven!
Pour in the chicken broth and cook for about 5 minutes, whisking the bottom of the pan to deglaze.
Reduce heat to medium and pour in cream, whisking constantly. Cook sauce over medium heat until bubbly and the cream starts to thicken the mixture, about 5-10 minutes.
You’ll want to add some seasoning at this point. Just some salt and pepper would be nice, but I usually add 1/2 teaspoon of my favorite cajun seasoning. It’s perfect for rich, creamy sauces like this.
Season your sauce as desired, then add the drained pasta and shrimp to the sauce and stir to combine. This combination has such a rich, wonderful flavor. It’s one of our favorites!
- 4 oz fettuccine pasta
- ¾ lb raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1¼ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ tsp cajun seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Sprinkle shrimp with salt, pepper, and toss to combine. Sprinkle 1 tbsp flour over the shrimp, and toss to coat the shrimp. Sprinkle 1 more tbsp flour and toss to evenly coat the shrimp.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the shrimp in a single layer and cook on each side, flipping once, until golden brown, approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to plate.
- Pour the chicken broth into the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, whisking the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Reduce heat to medium and pour in cream, whisking constantly. Cook sauce over medium heat until bubbly and the cream starts to thicken the mixture, about 5 minutes.
- Taste the sauce and add seasonings as desired (salt, pepper, cajun seasonings, etc.) Add the drained pasta and shrimp to the sauce, and stir to combine.
Click here for Nutritional Information.