- 4 oz fettuccine pasta
- 3/4 lb raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and toss to combine. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour over the shrimp, and toss to coat the shrimp. Sprinkle 1 more tablespoon flour and toss to evenly coat the shrimp.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the shrimp in a single layer and cook on each side, flipping once, until golden brown, approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to plate.
- Pour the chicken broth into the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, whisking the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Reduce heat to medium and pour in cream, whisking constantly. Cook sauce over medium heat until bubbly and the cream starts to thicken the mixture, about 5 minutes.
- Taste the sauce and add seasonings as desired (salt, pepper, cajun seasonings, etc.) Add the drained pasta and shrimp to the sauce, and stir to combine.
Keywords: shrimp pasta, shrimp pasta recipes, shrimp linguine, shrimp alfredo recipe