I am so, so in love with this simple, delicious pasta. And I am so excited to share the recipe with you guys today! First of all, it’s fresh, homemade, brown butter tomato sauce. You had me at brown butter. But second of all, it’s so easy. Like five-ingredient, done in 10 minutes easy. I whipped this up for us after we had been painting the office / scrapbook room all day and we were starving, and I didn’t feel like cooking, and I needed something super quick and easy to make. It’s one of those “I don’t feel like making dinner!” dinners, but it totally knocks your socks off. It is definitely going into our dinner rotation! With fresh tomatoes and basil, it’s the perfect summer meal. But it will also warm you right up on chilly nights as well! It’s fresh, filling, decadent, and divine. It’s everything I want in a pure, simple pasta. And just look how easy it is to make! :)
Just five simple ingredients! Cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, cheese ravioli, Parmesan, butter, and salt and pepper.
This incredible pasta recipe comes from the brand new Recipe Girl Cookbook written by my beautiful and talented blogging friend Lori Lange. Her blog, RecipeGirl.com, has over 2,600 of her best recipes and theme menus for entertaining and every day. And now she has her very own cookbook with brand new recipes to share! You may remember Lori from this San Diego travel post a few years ago. We had the BEST fish tacos ever on that trip and and I am still dreaming about that Midnight Madness cake! And to this day, that is one of the most beautiful sunsets I’ve ever seen. Lori is an extremely talented recipe developer and her book is filled with her fabulous recipes that are tested, tried, and true.
When I saw this recipe in Lori’s new book I knew it had to be made immediately. With only five simple ingredients, a cook time of 12 minutes, and it’s pasta?? This recipe totally speaks to me.
First, cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Mine were done in 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in large skillet over medium heat.
When the butter is melted, add the cherry tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes begin to soften and burst and the butter turns brown, about 7 minutes.
After the seven minutes were up, my tomatoes were soft and perfect, but they were still mostly whole. I wanted them to be a little more saucy, so I gave them each a little mash with the back of my spatula. We loved it like this! But you could certainly leave them whole if you prefer.
Next add in the chopped basil, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
Serve the tomato sauce over the warm ravioli and top with fresh Parmesan cheese. I used shaved Parmesan here.
You guys. This is a-mazing. Seriously. Perfect, fresh, and fabulous in every way. Awesome job, Lori!! You totally nailed it!! :) This will be made again and again.
- 2 (9-oz) packages fresh ravioli
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cups cherry or pear tomatoes
- ½ cup fine chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the ravioli according to package directions.
- While the ravioli is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes begin to soften and burst and the butter turns brown, about 7 minutes. Stir in the basil. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the brown butter tomato sauce over the freshly cooked ravioli. Sprinkle individual servings with cheese.
To see more recipes from The Recipe Girl Cookbook, visit the following blogs participating in a virtual book launch party for Lori. Every day this week a different blog is sharing a new recipe from The Recipe Girl Cookbook along with a KitchenAid blender and cookbook giveaway!
- Monday (Breakfast): Two Peas and Their Pod — Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
- Tuesday (Lunch): Picky Palate — Avocado-Topped Hot Dogs with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- Wednesday (Happy Hour): Eat, Live, Run — Sweet Smokin’ Hot Mango Chipotle Guacamole
- Thursday (Dinner): Kevin and Amanda — Cheese Ravioli with Brown Butter & Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Thursday (Dinner): FoodieCrush — Garlicky Swiss Chard and Chickpeas
- Friday (Dessert): RecipeBoy — Snickerdoodle Blondies
Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoy! :)Follow @kevinandamanda on Instagram and show us what you are making in your kitchen! Use the hashtag #kevinandamanda to show us what you've made from our blog :)