Lucky Leprechaun Bars! So good, they’re sure to attract a Leprechaun and his pot of gold. ;) Dark chocolate, pistachio butter, and sea salt come together to make this perfect chewy cookie bar.
Dark chocolate and pistachios are two of my favorite things. I love the combo! Sweet and salty, nutty, and buttery. I decided to bake them both in an ultra chewy, buttery cookie bar topped with a touch of sea salt. They are a dream come true!
The middle is thick, buttery, and chewy, while the top is delightfully crisp and crackly — like a streusel-covered muffin top.
Plus they’re packed with the nutty, roasted flavor of pistachios and rich dark chocolate. It all comes together in one perfect bar!
Here’s all you need to make these bars. As you can see, there are no eggs required, so sneaking bites of this cookie dough is guilt-free! All the more reason to make these cookie bars! :)
I love snacking on pistachios just as they are, but as I’ve mentioned before, I don’t like hard things surprising me in my cookies or brownies. I like them to be uniformly soft and chewy! I definitely wanted to incorporate the delicious, pure flavor of pistachios and dark chocolate into a cookie bar though, so I made pistachio butter.
Just add 2 cups of shelled pistachios to a food processor…
And process for 10 minutes until smooth and creamy. You can start this process and let it go while you go do something else, like pre-heat the oven, prepare the baking dish, and gather the remaining ingredients.
Two cups of pistachios produces exactly 1 cup of pistachio butter.
Mix this with one stick of softened butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup white sugar. Beat on medium-high speed for 3-5 mins. Mix in 1 3/4 cups flour on low speed, until just combined, then stir in one bag of chocolate chips.
Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil and generously coat with non-stick cooking spray.
Press the dough into the prepared pan. Dough may be slightly crumbly, but that’s okay.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until top just starts to turn golden. Let bars cool completely in the pan set on a cooling rack before cutting. Middle may be slightly gooey when you first pull these bars out of the oven, but will set up as they cool.
Top generously with a coarse finishing salt like kosher salt or fleur de sel.
Enjoy these dreamy, chewy, buttery, ultra chocolaty bars!! These are sure to attract a leprechaun and his pot of gold! ;) Make these the next time you need a little luck in your day. :) Enjoy, friends!!
- 2 cups (10 oz) shelled pistachios
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 (12 oz) bag dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Place 2 cups shelled pistachios into the work bowl of a food processor. Process for 10 minutes until smooth and creamy. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking dish with foil, then coat generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- With a mixer, beat pistachio butter, softened butter, and both sugars on medium-high speed for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add flour and mix on low speed until just incorporated. Stir in dark chocolate chips. Press dough into prepare pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until top just starts to turn golden. Let bars cool completely in the pan set on a cooling rack before cutting. Middle may be slightly gooey when you first pull these bars out of the oven, but will set up as they cool. Top generously with a coarse finishing salt like kosher salt or fleur de sel.
Click here for Nutritional Information. Bars are very rich so cut into small bites to savor and enjoy!