You have to try these Dark Chocolate Pistachio Cookie Bars! Dark chocolate, pistachio butter and sea salt come together to make this perfect chewy masterpiece.
- 2 cups (10 oz) shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 (12 oz) bag dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Place 2 cups shelled pistachios into the work bowl of a food processor. Process for 10 minutes until smooth and creamy. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil, then coat generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- With a mixer, beat pistachio butter, softened butter, and both sugars on medium-high speed for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add flour and mix on low speed until just incorporated. Stir in dark chocolate chips. Press dough into prepare pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until top just starts to turn golden. Let bars cool completely in the pan set on a cooling rack before cutting. Middle may be slightly gooey when you first pull these bars out of the oven, but will set up as they cool. Top generously with a coarse finishing salt like kosher salt or fleur de sel.
I used shelled roasted and salted pistachios in this recipe. If you use unsalted pistachios, add 1/2 teaspoon salt to the flour before mixing into the dough.
Keywords: cookie bars recipe, healthy cookie recipe, easy cookies recipe, pistachio recipe, homemade cookie recipe, chocolate chip cookie bars, best cookie recipe ever