These Cheesy Party Burgers are so fun and ridiculously delicious! They’re great to whip up for a crowd or to just make a weeknight dinner extraordinary. Kevin took one bite and said I should call them “Diamond Burgers” because they’re small and bite-sized like a Krystal burger, but who would want a Krystal Burger when you could have a DIAMOND burger??! Get it?? ?
Bottom line, if you want to start the party, make these Cheesy Party Burgers! :)
Here’s what you’ll need for the burgers. Ground beef, dinner rolls, diced tomatoes (I like Ro-Tel), sliced cheese, garlic, and some seasonings. I used smoked paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, and mustard powder.
How to Make Cheesy Party Burgers
First we’ll start by browning the ground beef. Here’s how I like to do mine. First, I get the pan very, very hot, until it starts to smoke.
Then I add the ground beef, straight from the package, without breaking it up. I let it cook like this for 1-2 minutes over high heat, until the bottom is browned and seared.
Then I flip it over and let the other side brown, for 1-2 minutes. This extra step helps the beef not look “gray” and the sear gives the beef a fabulous flavor. It’s all about the flavor!
When the second side is browned, add the seasonings and onions, then break up the beef with a spatula to finish browning.
Drain off any excess grease, if necessary, then add the garlic and stir to combine until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the drained tomatoes and stir to combine.
Now place the bottom half of the dinner rolls in a 9×13 baking dish that’s been generously coated with nonstick cooking spray.
Top with the beef….
And 12 slices of cheese. I am using sharp cheddar, but feel free to use your favorite cheese!
Finish off with the top half of the dinner rolls.
Now we’re going to make a fabulous glaze that is going to send these burgers over the top!!! You’ll need Worcestershire sauce, mustard, butter, brown sugar, and sesame seeds. Because burgers need sesame seeds!
If you’re totally against mustard you can use ketchup here instead. I’m not the hugest fan of mustard and would never willingly put it on my burger, but I like it in this glaze. You’ll never even know it’s there.
Mix all the ingredients for the glaze in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted, smooth and combined.
Then pour it over the burgers. At this point you could cover with foil and keep in the fridge overnight and bake the next day.
When ready to eat, bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
Gooey. Melty. Cheesy. Toasty.
Total deliciousness in every bite. These Cheesy Party Burgers know how to blow the party up!!! :)
Watch the video to see how easy it is to make Cheesy Party Burgers!
These Cheesy Party Burgers are the perfect make-ahead meal for all occasions! Soft, buttery dinner rolls, seasoned beef, spicy tomatoes and gooey melted cheese all in one hand-held bite.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 whole onion)
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10-oz) can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles, drained
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- 12 dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a large skillet on the stovetop over high heat. When the pan is very hot, add the beef and season with salt, pepper, cumin, mustard powder, and paprika. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and onions are golden. Stir in drained tomatoes until well combined.
- Place bottom half of buns in prepared pan. Top with beef & sliced cheese. Finish off with the top half of the bun.
- Mix all the ingredients for the glaze in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted, smooth and combined. Pour over the buns.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
Keywords: cheeseburgers recipe, best hamburger recipe, easy hamburger recipe, best burgers recipe, easy burgers recipe, homemade burgers recipe, homemade burgers, best homemade burgers