If you have any wonton wrappers leftover from the Crispy Southwestern Wontons, here’s a great way to use them up! I was browsing Pinterest the other day when I came across these adorable mini lasagna cups made with wonton wrappers in a muffin tin! How fun are these little lasagnas? And so fun to eat, no utensils needed. The outer wonton shell is thin and crispy, while the inside is soft and chewy, just like a lasagna noodle. These are so incredibly easy to whip up, great for a quick weeknight dinner.
Start with one pound of lean ground beef for the meaty lasagna sauce.
For spaghetti and lasagna I also like to add a pound of sausage. It gives the sauce a huge flavor boost and we just love it. Try it just once and you’ll be hooked!
You can even brown them in the same pan at the same time for ease.
Now this makes a ton, so here’s what I do. When it’s browned and drained, I separate the meat into 4 equal portions. I use one of them that night, and freeze the other three (labeled and dated) for quick and easy spaghetti, lasagna, or pizza on another night. You don’t even have to let it thaw, just put it in the pan with your favorite sauce and it will heat it right up.
Here’s 1/4 of the meat mixture with 1 cup of spaghetti sauce. Stir to combine and set aside.
Mix one and a half cups of ricotta cheese with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper.
Coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray, and arrange a wonton wrapper into each cup.
Take half the ricotta mixture and divide it among the 12 cups. This is a little much here, whoops!
Top with half of the meat sauce…
And sprinkle with shredded cheese. We had colby jack tonight, so that’s what I used. Mozzarella would be very nice as well. Next time I’d love to try it with some fresh mozzarella pearls.
Press another wonton wrapper into each cup, arranging it in the opposite direction of the first wrapper for aesthetics.
And repeat the layers one more time. Add the remaining half of the ricotta cheese..
The rest of the meat sauce…
And top with more shredded cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Who knows why I’ve got a fork in this photo, you can just pick these up and eat ‘em!
Yum! Love these quick and easy mini lasagnas. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1½ cups part skim ricotta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1½ cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown sausage and hamburger in a large skillet over medium high heat and drain. Divide into 4 portions and reserve three for another night. Add spaghetti sauce to remaining meat mixture and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta the salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray, and arrange a wonton wrapper in each cup. Take half the ricotta mixture and divide it among the 12 cups. Top with half of the meat sauce, and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Place another wonton wrapper over the cheese, and repeat the layers by adding the remaining ricotta cheese, meat sauce, and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the wonton wrappers are golden. Cool in the muffin tin for 5-10 minutes before serving.