I recently found some really cute dresses and bathing suits that I think you’ll love. Take a look and check out some other Cool Things You Can Buy Online!
Cool Things You Can Buy Online
1. How CUTE are these bright summer maxi dresses??! I am in love! I seriously LIVE in maxi dresses. They’re so comfy, yet they look like you dressed up. You can throw on a cardigan if you get cold, plus they hide the fact that I haven’t shaved this month.
2. Have you seen this egg timer?! This handy little egg will tell you exactly when your eggs are perfectly boiled. You drop it in the water and it changes colors as your egg reaches certain stages — soft boiled, medium boiled, and hard boiled. Since it goes by temperature (and not just guessing by time) you know precisely when your eggs are done. Would make a great gift for anyone who boils eggs!
3. If you’re following me on Instagram, you may have noticed that Kevin and I are in the south of France this week. Next week I’ll be spending a week on the French Riviera with my friend Sommer. We’ll be in Monte Carlo, Nice, Cannes, and Saint-Tropez. If you have any recommendations for us, I’d love to try them! Should I place a bet in Monte Carlo?? :)
4. Speaking of the beach, I ordered a couple new bathing suits from Zappos for the trip. The one on the left is a fun vintage-style two-piece with a high-waisted bottom. I normally don’t wear two-pieces in public — I’m strictly a tankini-only girl. (Let’s be real, one-pieces are just too hard to go to the bathroom in.) But I fell victim to this new high-waisted bikini bottom craze. I LOVE the extra coverage this one gives — it’s actually very flattering around the tummy area — and is modest enough for my taste to wear in public.
The tankini top in the middle was a little more expensive than I usually like to spend on bathing suits. I originally thought it came with the bottoms too, but no, it’s just the top. I almost sent it back, but is really pretty and actually well made. The cups are molded and give great support instead of just those inserts that get all bunched up after the first wash and are impossible to wrangle back into their original shape. The straps are adjustable too. I ended up keeping it because it’s really hard to find cute, well-made, flattering tankini tops with adjustable over-the-shoulder straps (as opposed to the ones that tie behind the neck).
The black duo on the right is a mashup of high-waisted bottoms from Zappos and a top from Urban Outfitters. The top has removable straps which I will for sure be wearing. It’s hard to tell from this picture, but the bottoms are ruched, making the tummy area extra flattering.
5. Are you watching anything fun for summer? We started House of Cards on Netflix after all our regular season shows ended. If you’re watching anything good I would love some recommendations. :D
6. Do you use the Beauty Blender? I am OBSESSED with this sponge for putting on makeup. I am 100% in love with it. My makeup goes on so smooth and even, and I only use a pea-sized amount. Love it.
7. How CUTE is this little Pocket Dress?? And only $12 with free shipping!
8. A few weeks ago I started reading Still Alice on one of my flights. Then I noticed they had the movie on the plane, so I started watching it. You guys. I BAWLED my EYES OUT. ON. THE. PLANE. At first I did that thing where you tilt your head back and start blinking really hard to hold back the tears, but oh no. It was like trying to plug a fire hydrant. I was a blubbering mess. It was pretty embarrassing.
9. On a happier note, the day we got back from San Francisco, this was waiting for us in our backyard:
10. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway from Tourism Western Australia, Virgin Australia, and Down Under Answers to win a trip for two to Australia and attend the Margaret River Gourmet Escape!! I am so excited for you guys. I hope you win!! :)
Until next time!! xoxo
I always thought most people just moved the crotch over to the side when you pee in a one piece.
May I suggest watching When Calls the Heart on Netflix? Season 1 is available. Season 2 just wrapped up on Hallmark Channel, and you can catch most, if not all, of the new episodes on Youtube, or if all else fails, online on Hallmark Channel Everywhere. You’ll be caught up in no time. ;)
New reader, found you via Pinterest…and your easy homemade ice cream recipe has me sold! Anyways, just had to express my jealousy — the French Riviera is one of the most beautiful places in the world! La plus belle! I’m having trouble remembering any of my favorite places to eat, but you must get some gelato (e.g., Fenocchio).
Monaco — We went to Florian (confiserie) and saw some behind the scenes candy-making. Spent a lot of time just walking around the casino, made it to the church where Grace Kelly was married.
Hope you have a great time!
Fenocchio was the best!!! :)
Love these maxi dresses!!! Super cute!
I hope you and Sommer have an amazing trip!! I can’t wait to read all about it and I’m LOVING the photos from your adventures in France with Kevin!
Super cute maxis and bathing suits!
We are watching Parenthood right now because everyone was raving about it as it was ending, so since all seasons are on Netflix we thought we’d give it a try. We also just finished The Wire – an old HBO show – and it is consistently ranked as their best show ever. It’s so good!! The new season of True Detective has started up as well as a new show with the Rock called Ballers about football players. Daredevil is another really good Netflix original and it’s just one season so it’s easy to get through…hopefully those will keep you entertained for a bit. :) We LOVED House of Cards.
Cute dresses and bathing suits! Girl you do NOT need to worry about ruching on the tummy though! LOL!
Your France trip looks amazing! So glad you are able to travel to SF and France with your hubby too! You two are livin’ the life!!
Skins is one of my favorite shows on Netflix. Sadly that version took out the original music.
I’m sticking that egg timer on my wish list. I pretty much have eggs down but the Mr likes soft boiled and I’d like to have a little help in that area without making it under done. Thanks for the link!
Oh my goodness I bought that same black and white striped swimsuit top before our trip to Florida! I love it! I wish I had ordered a size down, but I kept it anyway because it’s so cute!