Summer is approaching and I couldn’t be more excited! Chat with me about TV shows, sunsets, cooking and more in this Kevin and Amanda life update!
Life & Blog Update
1. Hey guys!!! Happy Friday! I have been working on restoring the blog all week and I have made huge progress. I think I’ve got it back mostly the way it was before. YAY! But if you see anything missing or notice anything not working, please let me know. Most of the time I don’t notice stuff until it’s pointed out, so I’m always so grateful when someone emails me to let me know something isn’t working!! :) You can email me anytime here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. This opportunity did give me the chance to go back through and re-live some of my favorite old posts as I was checking to make sure they were all there. I compiled a selection of our “greatest hits” if you will. :) The most popular, most viewed, most commented posts on the whole blog. If you’re new here and want to get caught up, or just want to see our best posts, click here to check out our Most Popular Posts.
3. Is anyone watching Better Call Saul? I loved Breaking Bad, but I’ve only seen the first two episodes of Better Call Saul. They were just kinda slow. Does it get better? Should I stick with it?
4. Speaking of TV, who is watching Younger on TV Land? :) Oh my gosh, I love it!! Sutton Foster and Hilary Duff are so cute!! I seriously want to binge-watch every single episode of this show!
5. Loooooook at this cute Boston Terrier blanket!!! Kevin bought it for me and it is so soft!! Miley and Howie love it! Of course they have totally claimed it as their own.
6. And speaking of Boston Terriers, will you look at this impossibly cute Boston Terrier pink dress??! I totally bought it. I haven’t worn it yet, but I will! I need help! :) Thank you so much Julie for telling me about this dress! :)
7. I am so excited for longer days and warmer weather. Like so excited. I was stunned by this sunset in our backyard a few days ago. I still can’t get over it. It seriously looks not of this world! I want to print it out and hang it up somewhere in our house. I took this with my iPhone with the ProHDR app. You can check out my favorite camera apps here and be sure to follow me on Instagram for all our backyard sunsets! :)
9. Did you see this article that scientists have have discovered cooking rice with coconut oil dramatically cuts the calories??! Is this seriously for real?? I swear this was not posted on April Fools Day. Have y’all heard about this?? What do you think??
10. Have you guys heard of Uber? Uber is your own personal, private driver for the same price of a taxi. It’s an app for your phone, and when you open the app, it will show you where drivers are near you, and it will tell you how long it will take for a car to get to you. Just click Set Pick Up Location and your private car is on it’s way. You can even watch the car on the map as it gets closer to your location. It will send you an alert on your phone when your car gets close so you know when to go outside. No more waiting outside in the heat, cold, or rain for a taxi! The best part is, you add a credit card or Paypal account to your Uber account, so you never to worry about paying the driver. It’s all done through the app. No fumbling with paying, when you get to your location you can just get out and leave! You don’t even have to tip – it’s built into the price of the service (which is still competitive with a taxi!). It’s seriously the fastest and best way to get where ever you need to go!
Use this link to sign up with Uber to get your first ride free!
Have an awesome, awesome weekend!!! What are you guys up to?? :)
Hi! I’ve read your blog for awhile (loove some of your recipes by the way! the pb fudge ice cream oreo pie is a big favorite with my friends), but haven’t commented! But I saw these and i think you might like it!
Ok, was totally not going to admit it to anyone, but have definitely been watching Younger! Gah! I adore Hillary Duff too. I do think the main actress is missing something…can’t put my finger on it…but the younger tattoo artist totally makes up for it. Debi Mazaar (sp?). LOVE. Have been missing her since Entourage.
Also, if you and Kevin are not watching, you need to be catching up on Silicon Valley. It is SO funny. Think Entourage for geeks. Awesome.
I’m loving Younger too!! I loved watching Sex In The City and can’t believe it ended more than 10 years ago as Younger reminds of it!!
Loving Better Call Saul – it is getting so that I can’t wait until the next episode (just like in breaking bad)!
Definitely stick with Better Call Saul! It picks up a little, but I think it’s really going to ramp up next season. Worth watching.
Stick with Better Call Saul. It’s beautifully written and shot, the acting is fantastic and I’ve really enjoyed the storyline. Mike’s backstory is amazing and heartbreaking- you have to watch it.
Younger is my favorite show right now! Love that it’s set in NYC!
Ok, you and Amanda are the only people I know of (besides myself!) that will admit to this. I am hooked!
Love the coconut oil tip! Have to try that. And Uber sounds good too.
I’m glad you’re getting your site back in order. I hate that happened to you. You have one of the best websites around.
About Better Called Saul. It does go sort of slow. But I think they had to do that to get everything set up for next season. At the end you’re ready to see what happens next season. Stick with it.
Ohmygoodness, we need to be besties. Loved Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul is climbing up on our list of faves right now. Stick with it, it really grows on you.
I hated to hear your site got hacked – that’s just awful! But it’s looking great again!!
I’m having a hard time believing the rice article, but I read something the other day that said to eat potatoes after they’ve chilled because of the properties of the starch – that’s it’s healthier for you that way. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2100750/Eat-bananas-theyre-green-potatoes-theyre-cold-Surprising-advice-thatll-transform-enjoy-favourite-foods.html
Don’t give up on Better Call Saul… give it a few more episodes… you’ll be hooked by the end!
You always have the prettiest sunset pics. And I agree with the above – better call saul gets much better, just keep watching it!
Love “Better Call Saul”…. hate waiting for next season…
I agree with Karen about the rice…too much trouble. Wonder if you just
added a bit of the coconut oil (instead of butter or evoo) I could do that.
It’s the cooling etc that ruins it for me and I guess that’s the important step!
We’ve been using those 90 sec. in the microwave rices. All different types and
flavors available, we like the wild and brown rice combo, very good.(so probably
not good for you :-(
I wanted to comment on the coconut oil and rice article. Have you read the steps? I don’t mind adding the coconut oil but I am not going to cook it the night before and let it sit all night in the fridge to cool so the “magic can happen” and eat the next day when I have to re-heat it again and deal with dried out re-heated rice to save a few calories. That is way too much work and just ruins the rice and I have to plan ahead for a simple side dish. Nope. I’ll eat my rice calories. They also never mentioned if re-heating the next day by adding water or a little pat of butter to help the rice re-fluff would ruin all your efforts. I’m sure it would.
Yes, absolutely stick with Better Call Saul….it gets so good and now I’m going to totally miss it again. I watched Younger too and thought it was so cute!
Keep watching Better Call Saul! It gets better. It’s my new favorite show! !