After a handful of days on the market, we successfully sold our house! Check out our experience selling a house with a realtor as well as some items I’ve been enjoying this week!
Things I’ve Been Loving Lately
1. I am loving this fun scarf and colorful monogrammed phone case from Ella Madison Boutique. The scarf is sooo soft and cozy. Seriously cuddly! I never want to take it off. And I love all things rainbow and monogrammed, so naturally I love this case! But hurry, the cases are only going to be in her shop until February 11th, so if you want one, go check them out now! There’s tons of fun colors and patterns available.
2. Are you on Vine yet? Vine is THE place to be right now! ;) It’s an iPhone app that’s just like Instagram, except instead of photos, it’s short, six-second videos. It’s really fun so far! I’m really enjoying watching other people’s Vines, although I’m still getting the hang of making them myself. :) I haven’t decided if it’s got the staying power of Instagram though… What do you think? I’m kevinandamanda over there, see if you can find me! I’ve only got one video so far though… :)
3. I am obsessed with throw pillows right now. I love this vintage inspired pocket watch pillow!
4. I am making Picky Palate’s Red Velvet Milky Way Cake Cookies for Valentine’s Day . I love cake mix cookies, and these look so decadent and gooey! YUM! I can’t wait!
5. I’ve got a long plane trip coming up, and I’m going to start this book. I don’t know anything about it. Have you read it? Did you love it? Hate it?
Selling Our House
6. This is way, way overdue, but I have been wanting to give a huge shoutout to the awesome realtor who sold our house, John Morley. If you are in the Huntsville, Alabama area and need to sell your house, I would 100% recommend him!! Our house had 6 showings in the first week and sold in 11 days. After every showing we got an email telling us the potential buyer’s level of interest in the house, what they thought of the inside, what they thought of the outside, and whether they were considering making an offer. The first five emails said “No” but when we got that sixth that said “Yes” we nearly jumped out of our seats!
John was Kevin’s lab partner in school at Auburn. They both were in school to become software developers, but a few weeks before graduation Kevin and John were having lunch one day, and John turned to Kevin and said, “Man, I just don’t think I can do this for the rest of my life. What about you?” Kevin thought, Uhh yeah! We’re two weeks from graduation, lol! Six months later John started the Morley Real Estate Group.
All those years of engineering at Auburn paid off though and have given John an extremely unique, organized, and logical approach to real estate. First there’s no contract, so if you’re not happy, you’re not stuck! Just give him a try, and if it doesn’t work you’re not tied down. You can simply switch. Second, he brought out a professional photographer who specializes in real estate and interior design photography to take the photos for our listing — at no cost to us. This is a HUGE factor in my opinion. Photos are what give potential buyers their first impression of a house. Third — and this one cracked me up! — if he doesn’t call you with an update on your house and how many times it’s been shown each week, he’ll pay you $100 for every week he doesn’t call. How funny is that? :) Plus he’s just got an all-around darned great personality. We loved him. Thank you John!
7. And finally, in case someone hasn’t told you today… You’re awesome. And I love ya.