I cannot tell you how much I love these cheeseburger flatbread melts. I love them. I think I could eat just about anything that was enveloped in this delicious buttery flatbread. It knocks my socks off. These little melts are so easy to throw together for a quick, simple dinner. Bubbly, chewy flatbread is topped with hamburger beef smothered in a delicious savory sauce and loaded with plenty of shredded cheddar cheese.
What’s not to love?
To make this no-frills delight start with 1/2 pound of lean hamburger meat, browned and drained.
We’ll be adding these fine ingredients to make a beefy sauce that’s absolutely loaded with flavor.
One package of dry onion soup mix.
Garlic and mustard.
And water and apple cider vinegar.
Give this a stir and set it aside to simmer over low heat. It smells fabulous right now.
Meanwhile, grab your canola oil and a large, heavy bottomed skillet.
Heat two tablespoons over medium heat.
While that’s heating up up, we’re going to work on our flatbread. Break out the thin crust pizza dough for this flatbread!
Divide it into six equal sections.
And roll them out…
Until they are uh, mostly round in shape. I did the best I could here.
By the time they are all rolled out, the oil should be hot and shimmering.
Add the dough — it should sizzle, baby!
Let these cook about 1 minute per side until golden brown and bubbly. I cannot tell you how much I love this flatbread.
Take a piece of your thin, chewy flatbread — I let mine get a little brown here, but if that happens, just put the brown side up. We’re about to load it up with toppings and no one will ever be the wiser.
Top with the hot and bubbly beef mixture.
And plenty of shredded cheddar cheese.
When you get ready to eat, simply fold and enjoy! No utensils necessary.
I see a lot more of this flatbread in my future.
Hamburger + taco seasoning + cheddar = Taco Flatbread Melt.
Hamburger + spaghetti sauce + mozzarella = Lasagna Flatbread Melt.
Flatbread + fresh rosemary + sea salt = *faint*
- ½ lb lean ground beef, browned and drained
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 11 oz thin crust pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown and drain ground beef. Add water, vinegar, onion soup mix, ketchup, mustard and garlic. Stir to combine and simmer over low heat. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp canola oil over medium heat in a large, heavy bottomed skillet. Divide the pizza dough into six equal portions and roll into a round, tortilla-like shape. Fry the dough for one minute on each side or until golden brown and bubbly. Remove to a paper towel to drain. Top with beef mixture and shredded cheese.
Click here for Nutritional Information.