These Sweet Honey & Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins are a deliciously sweet side dish. They melt in your mouth with an explosion of warm flavors!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Cholula Green Pepper Hot Sauce
- 1 (8.5-ounce) can cream-style corn
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease or line 12 muffin cups. In a bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda to combine.
- In the workbowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes. Add honey and eggs and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in buttermilk, hot sauce, and corn. Pour or spoon 1/3 cup batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Keywords: cornbread muffins recipe, sweet cornbread recipe, easy cornbread recipe, best cornbread recipe, homemade cornbread recipe, homemade cornbread, best cornbread