These Spicy Italian Ham & Cheese Cups are the perfect hand-held dinner! They’re layered with ham, salami, bell peppers, and spicy pepper jack cheese inside a crispy shell. You can serve them for dinner or as appetizers – they’re the perfect party food!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 12 thin slices ham
- 12 thin slices Genoa salami
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat. When the oil is very hot and just starts to smoke, add the bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly blacked. Remove to a plate.
- Generously coat a standard size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Line each cup with a wonton wrapper. Add a slice of ham, salami, and top with approximately 1 tablespoon shredded cheese into each cup.
- Add another wonton wrapper to each cup, press down, then evenly distribute the bell peppers into each cup. Top each with another tablespoon of shredded cheese and scallions.
- Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes until cups are heated through and edges are golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!!
Keywords: baked ham recipe, easy appetizer recipe, easy appetizer finger foods, easy appetizer for party, easy appetizers for a crowd, italian appetizer, italian appetizer recipe, easy ham recipe